Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair or Foul: Shawn Michaels receiving credit for WrestleMania X Ladder Match

We've all heard it...Jim Ross says it in the interview section of "Heartbreak and Triumph". WrestleMania X was "Shawn Michaels having a match with a ladder".

I'd have to disagree with that statement, and cast my vote for "foul". I believe Razor held his own in that match, and they both made each other look good.

"I think I AM thinking what you think I think you're thinking..."

it takes two to make a match look good and scott had his part in it too. foul

Comment

Foul. Typical WWE, but still Foul.

Ramon was arguably the more impressive in this match as Michaels style and ability is more suited to it. Ramon held his own and had his own share of high spots. Sure, Michaels bumped very well to make Ramon look good but it worked both ways, Ramon helped Michaels look good too.

Comment

Foul. As the saying goes, 'it takes two to tango.' You need equal effort between both wrestlers to put on a good match. Ramon deserves just as much credit as Michaels does, and this is coming from one of the biggest HBK fans on the forum.
        Damien Sandow is my intellectual savior and he is welcome for such.

Comment

In that particular instance, JR was complimenting HBK because it was on Shawn Michael's DVD. Nothing malicious I think.

Comment

I forgot the exact quote, but on the Bret Hart DVD, Vince said something like you're only as good as who is in the ring with you. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it, I don't know why, but I always thought that it was Triple H who said that about the ladder match. Anyway, they both made that match work and made it an all time classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Яamon's Яazor View Post
              In that particular instance, JR was complimenting HBK because it was on Shawn Michael's DVD. Nothing malicious I think.
              You do have a point. You're going to have to stop doing that....it's detrimental to my case....

But yea, that does explain JR and Jericho saying it at that particular time, but that's not the only time I've heard people say things that sound like they're trying to give HBK all the credit. I mean, HBK did his part, but Razor did his part as well.

"I think I AM thinking what you think I think you're thinking..."

Comment

I watched that DVD earlier today actually. They flat out said before JR said anything that it was Razor and Shawn's match. So JR really was just centering on Shawn like Razor here was saying.
                It's time for your weekly beating!

Comment

but he isnt just centering on Shawn.... Look at the quote, he is eliminating Hall entirely. The ladder gets a mention but Ramon doesnt.

Comment

Foul unless your the Great Khali both guys make the match.
                    Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

Foul!

Unless Scott Hall's body was as lifeless as Droz' then Shawn Michaels shouldn't be given full credit for the match.

Comment

Working...
                      X