Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What If the Tag Title match at Wrestlemania 14 was a No Rope Barbed Wire Match? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If the Tag Title match at Wrestlemania 14 was a No Rope Barbed Wire Match?

Everyone knows that the tag team title match at Wrestlemania 14 was suppose to be a No Rope Barbed Wire match but ppv carriers were "horrified" at the idea so it was changed to a Dumpster match.

What if the No Rope Barbed Wire Match took place as scheduled? Would it surpass Funk/Sabu? Would it change the WWF? Would there be more than one?
    THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS!

Honestly, I don't think it would have been nearly as successful. Funk vs. Sabu was played to an audience that WANTED that type of action. WWF at the time was in it's fabled "Attitude Era", but still catered it's product to kids. Not to mention, I don't think Gunn and Road Dog would have been able to perform on the level that Foley and Funk had been used to up to that point. The match was done pretty well, and I thought the finish was fitting.
    SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

agree with Pumpt.

It would be too much for the fans, they hadnt been broken in at that stage. Parents would have drawn the line if they caught a glimpse of what their kids were watching. This was basically the official starting point for the Attitude Era. A couple of broken tables was all people really wanted.

Comment

They had Stone Cold Steve Austin swearing drinking and flipping the middle finger to everybody and they were worried about this being too much kids or no kids they should've gone with the original plan if they were worried they should keep it shorter then 15 minutes
        Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

massive difference Darth.

barbed wire turns the classification from "simulated" violence to "graphic" violence in the eyes of the broadcasters.

Stone Cold Steve Austin was doing what he was doing but there is a difference between flipping the bird and graphic violence.

Comment

To the average mother if they heard that stuff and it didn't bother them not much else would and Austin would've been enough for any mother to make their kids stop watching then isn't much else they would stop them from watching.
            Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

the "average" mother? what exactly is the "Average" mother?

Austin wasnt cursing heavily. He didnt use f-words or c-words. Even if he did, then there is still a massive difference with that and barbed wire. The mothers that I know certainly differentiate between foul language and graphic violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel View Post
                They had Stone Cold Steve Austin swearing drinking and flipping the middle finger to everybody and they were worried about this being too much kids or no kids they should've gone with the original plan if they were worried they should keep it shorter then 15 minutes
                First up, I agree with you about Austin. Thing is, by the time most kids had laid eyes on Austin, they've already learned what the middle finger is, they know what swearing is, and it wouldn't surprise me if some had started drinking. I don't know too many kids who have sat and watched Japanese Death Matches to that point. I was 16 the first time I seen them and my jaw hit the floor that people would do this crap to each other.
                SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

If this type of match did take place at WM14, then you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be Mick and Terry taking all the bumps onto the barbed wire. Both men had a high pain threshhold... and I can't see Gunn or Road Dogg really going for it here.

Comment

Working...
                  X