X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Chris Benoit survived the double homicide/ suicide

Not to go into all that drama with Benoit back in 07 but what if he survived his attempt at Suicide what do you think would happen, would he be identified as the killer, how would this affect WWE , what do you all think
    Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

He would be piledriving men in the showers of an Atlanta prison. Actually, he'd probably be the guy being piledriven (?) for being a child murderer.

I don't think anything WWE did after that night would have changed. I think they would have pretty much edited him out of everything like they did.
    Thomdango

Comment

In my view I think that it would've been a lot worse if Benoit was alive then if he was dead sure WWE can distance themselves from him but the stain would be so much worse worse then Jeff Hardy coming out Stone on PPV.
      Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

wrong, the WWE would distance themselves just as much if he survived.

Thom is right, Benoit would be taking it in jail like a CM Punk fan if he were still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel View Post
          ....so much worse worse then Jeff Hardy coming out Stone on PPV.
          As if that only happened once.....

"I think I AM thinking what you think I think you're thinking..."

Comment

Well once that it was painfully obvious to everybody

Comment

getting stoned and choking your wife and child to death are not comparable.

Comment

Doesn't the death penalty still apply in a few States? though most likely it would be a lifetime imprisonment.

Given that he was texting WWE colleagues his address, in between the Nancy and Daniel mudrers... I think he would have handed himself in rather than go on the run.
                The WWE stance wouldnt have changed... erase him from history and pretend he never existed.

He would have lived the rest of his life with a wrath of hate against him, and all his wrestling buddies would have cut ties with him.
                Thom is right, in that his fellow inmates would all hate him... he would have little social base in jail..... but they'd have to be brave to have a pop at a submission trained ex wrestler.

Comment

It's very likely he would have been given the death penalty for murdering his spouse and child. Had he survived, who would have been worse for??? Benoit??? So friggin what. He murdered 2 people, one being a child. He took the coward's way out and couldn't face his punishment like a man. To me, the death penalty isn't good enough in this case. Having him thrown in solitary for the rest of his life with no chance at parole would suffice. I would have rather seen him live the rest of his life with barely any human contact alone with his own thoughts for 23 hours a day.
                  SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

I object to the use of the word survive. Benoit was not under attack or anything like that...had enough of Benoit being a topic of discussion. Fans should spend more time trying to remember Nancy who in her own right had a great career in the business.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread I knew some dirt throwing was just around the corner. It's easy for us to piss all over Benoit. You don't know what happend aside from the obvious. The most important question that will never be answered, is why? His mental condition could be evaluated if he were alive. What we learned from the study of his brain was paramount to discovering the horrifying truth about concussions and the damage that the hard nosed style of any sport, especially wrestling, can do. My biggest thing is this, those of you who have no idea the effects of dimensia should choose their words a little better. You're welcome to your opinion but please do yourselves a favor an at least have a better understanding of what happend. When a man who has never displayed any signs of this behavior suddenly turns into a serial killer, questions should be asked before fingers get pointed and disgusting statements of butt rape and cowardice fly around. I find it ignorant to just show a blind eye to the "massive" brain damage that was discovered post-mortem. In my opinion it is obvious that Benoit more than likely had little control over the situation. It takes something very out of the norm to make a father kill his own son.

Let me be clear, it is what it is. A double homicide is a horrific tragedy. But maybe with him alive we would have a better understanding of what really happend instead of just sitting here pissing on his grave. Even a murderer, given the right circumstances, deserves a little bit of understanding. There are a lot of things that can drive someone to kill, someone or themselves. There have been plenty of cases where athlete's suffering from concussion symptoms kill themselves or do something just as extreme. Take a look at the NFLPA's concussion case against the NFL if you need proof that what I'm saying is possible. I'm not saying morally acquit Benoit, I'm just asking that you put down your torches and pitch forks by now. The war is over and Benoit's name will forever be mud.
                      "Turley OR NO ONE ELSE"

Comment

I have had a concussion. Was hit by a truck and cracked my head on the street. It's an odd sensation. You don't quite know what you're doing or what's going on. So I can imagine the effects of repeated concussions. That does not excuse what he did. Benoit is a monster. But I wonder if he knew what he was doing. Oh well, we'll never know.
                        It's time for your weekly beating!

Comment

I could see them working this into an angle, like the Stone Cold/Rikishi feud, and we find out Benoit is working for someone in the WWE. Mick Foley has to come in as GM again and figure out the mystery.

Comment

I don't think even the WWE are stupid enough to work something like this into an angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Foley View Post
                              When I saw the title of this thread I knew some dirt throwing was just around the corner. It's easy for us to piss all over Benoit. You don't know what happend aside from the obvious. The most important question that will never be answered, is why? His mental condition could be evaluated if he were alive. What we learned from the study of his brain was paramount to discovering the horrifying truth about concussions and the damage that the hard nosed style of any sport, especially wrestling, can do. My biggest thing is this, those of you who have no idea the effects of dimensia should choose their words a little better. You're welcome to your opinion but please do yourselves a favor an at least have a better understanding of what happend. When a man who has never displayed any signs of this behavior suddenly turns into a serial killer, questions should be asked before fingers get pointed and disgusting statements of butt rape and cowardice fly around. I find it ignorant to just show a blind eye to the "massive" brain damage that was discovered post-mortem. In my opinion it is obvious that Benoit more than likely had little control over the situation. It takes something very out of the norm to make a father kill his own son.

Let me be clear, it is what it is. A double homicide is a horrific tragedy. But maybe with him alive we would have a better understanding of what really happend instead of just sitting here pissing on his grave. Even a murderer, given the right circumstances, deserves a little bit of understanding. There are a lot of things that can drive someone to kill, someone or themselves. There have been plenty of cases where athlete's suffering from concussion symptoms kill themselves or do something just as extreme. Take a look at the NFLPA's concussion case against the NFL if you need proof that what I'm saying is possible. I'm not saying morally acquit Benoit, I'm just asking that you put down your torches and pitch forks by now. The war is over and Benoit's name will forever be mud.
                              Stop making excuses...sports people get concussions all the damn time but only one killed his damn wife and then son over the course of an entire weekend. He didn't turn into a serial killer...he most likely killed Nancy by accident after an altercation or on purpose with Benoit losing control. After that we don't know what happened...but he went up to his son's room and killed him and then put all that nutty Religious junk all over the place.

I know many people were marks for Benoit and with that comes an emotional connection and it is hard to see someone like that in a negative light. The cold hard truth is this man ended the lives of 2 innocent people, his wife and his son. So maybe we spend more time remember them and less time make excuses and apologizing for what he did.

You brought up the NFL...how many NFL players killed their families?

So yeah, I am sick of people talking about this bum and forgetting his son and Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                              X