Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulk Hogan's Micro Championship Wrestling Debuts Tonight

Source: Gerweck.net

Hulk Hogan’s new reality TV show, titled Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling, starts tonight on truTV at 10PM EST. In this new show from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment, Hogan lends his expertise to MCW, providing “little wrestlers with advice, guidance and training,” according to the press release. The show will also give you an insight on what it takes to create a pro wrestling league from scratch as it follows the ideas of MCW’s top dog, Johnny Greene – a full-sized manager and former wrestler – and his band of wrestlers.

I watched this last night, and it wasn't bad, but I'm questioning how sincere the show truly is. In the opening scene, MCW was playing at a frat house and the head of the house was portrayed by Roderick Strong under his real first name.
    Last edited by pumpt73; 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM.
    SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

Midget wrestling is more of a gimmick isn't it? I know I won't be watching it, and I'm not that sure too many people will be interested in this either. Props to the little guys for getting some exposure though.

Comment

Of course it's a gimmick. The question is, can it find the audience it needs??? I checked it out and it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. If it gets them and maybe a few other indy guys some exposure, then I'm all for it. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may only last one season like Celebrity Championship Wrestling did. Other than that, I'll give it a few weeks before I make my final call on it. The one thing I didn't like about it, was it was extremely kayfabed, which didn't work because they all travel together in the same dinky RV with the ring and other equipment in tow. The one guy Justice, his father was a midget wrestler. I checked out the website and they're getting a little bigger. They brought on Pat Tanaka as well.
        SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

Working...
        X