X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pumpt73 View Post
    First, wrestlers aren't picked, they have to wrestle their way onto the team. Next, why all the hate??? Had he stayed healthy and maybe wrestled well enough to become an alternate, or dare I say, win his class and make the team, you all would be licking his boots. At 43, yes, it was longshot for him to beat out some of the talent in his class, but who's to say he wouldn't have?? I commend him for training his butt off to even earn a chance at the trials. There aren't many wrestlers in this world who can say they've even made it that far. Well done Kurt.
    You know what? I agree with you on that, and plus, I can't say as I blame him and I commend Kurt Angle for not being afraid to admit it

That shows a lot of guts
    America: The Best Things in Life are Free

Comment

I don't think anyone is knocking Kurts guts .... I'm just happy that he hasn't competed... because failure would hurt his aura after bragging so much about being a winner for the past 13 years!

Comment

It wouldn't hurt anything. Why are you going straight to failure Goldie??? Anything can happen when you step on a mat, ANYTHING. I'm not saying Angle would have won, but you don't know. Even if he didn't make the team, I don't think anyone would say he's a failure. His name is in the books and nothing can take it away.
        SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

Comment

I heard that Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson chanlenged Kurt into an amateur wrestling match. Nicholson made it to second place in the canadian team olympic trials. But what makes it more interesting is that Nicholson have a similar injury if not worse. Here's the video of the challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdYNZdrZeE
          The Legend is in the Houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

LOL that's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kash View Post
              LOL that's terrible.
              Agreed Kash

Comment

It wouldn't hurt anything. Why are you going straight to failure Goldie??? Anything can happen when you step on a mat, ANYTHING. I'm not saying Angle would have won, but you don't know. Even if he didn't make the team, I don't think anyone would say he's a failure. His name is in the books and nothing can take it away.
                I was talking about it Kurts wrestling character... the brash, arrogant persona who has boasted and boasted about his olympic success for years and years. If he went again and didn't win... those boasts wouldn't have the same ring to them.

Of course winning an Olympic gold is a fantastic achievement. There was no knock whatsoever on what he achieved in 1996.
                But you see it all the time in sport.... guys trying to relive the dream when they are old.
                Muhammad Ali is the perfect example... to some, Ali losing to Larry Holmes was the saddest spectacle seen in sport
                Last edited by Goldie79; 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

His boasts would still ring true. The championship is already etched in stone. First, he would have still had to qualify for the team before even getting onto a mat in London. The problem with Kurt is he hasn't trained exclusively for this over the years. There have been plenty of older wrestlers to do well in their careers, however, they never strayed from training. Alexander Karelin and Buvaysa Saytiev immediately come to mind. I fail to see how not qualifying for an Olympic team 15 years after winning a championship and not training exclusively for the event would hurt his persona.

Comment

Originally posted by MartelFlair3 View Post
                    I heard that Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson chanlenged Kurt into an amateur wrestling match. Nicholson made it to second place in the canadian team olympic trials. But what makes it more interesting is that Nicholson have a similar injury if not worse. Here's the video of the challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdYNZdrZeE
                    HOLY HELL!!!! TNA would be wise to get this guy into training ASAP. Probably the best promo I have seen in the last 15 years.

Comment

HOLY HELL!!!! TNA would be wise to get this guy into training ASAP. Probably the best promo I have seen in the last 15 years.
                      Its funny that you say that because he is a graduate from the Hart family Dungeon and is a pro wrestler himself who did very well in his amateur wrestling career

Comment

There have been plenty of older wrestlers to do well in their careers, however, they never strayed from training. .
                        This is a key point... spending years away from training.
                        I think this was evident in 2004 when Daniel Puder came very close to making Kurt tap out when Kurt challenged the Tough Enough Finalists to real shoot wrestling matches.
                        If Gerald Brisco wouldn't have instructed the Ref to deliver a fastcount (Puders shoulders were on mat whilst he had Kurt trapped in a Kimura hold).
                        That was fast thinking by Brisco... because it would have caused Kurt much embarassment had he been forced to tap out to a young rookie.

Obviously you'd assume a prime Kurt would readily dispatch Puder... but spending years away from the real thing did expose Kurt there.
                        He went balistic afterwards... mouthing at Puder.... but Puder did nothing wrong. He tried to win... and there were no rules saying it was a worked match

Comment

It was meant to be a work....

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kash View Post
                            It was meant to be a work....
                            Well I've heard otherwise ... after dealing with Chris Nawrocki... Angle, unscripted, arrogantly called out all the other contestants and Puder accepted the challenge! but nontheless Puder had him in big big trouble.

If Puder would have 'shot' on Angle without Kurt expecting it, he would have been fired the second he walked back through the curtain? Instead he appeared on the next 2 PPVs
                            Last edited by Goldie79; 04-18-2012, 04:40 AM.

Comment

I gotta say, Mr. Angle is coming across as one of those people who says one thing and then does something else. The more he posted about why he didn't make the tryouts the more I wondered if he was just blowing smoke. I respect Kurt for what he has done the wrestling business, but there are times when he should stay off Twitter. I don't doubt Kurt could have made it, but he was on tv too much to be trying out for the Olympics. That takes time off to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X