Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOR: Major Backstage Heat on John Cena

Source: http://www.thewrestlingcafe.com/inde...t-on-john-cena

There is currently some major backstage heat on John Cena.

According to an insider WWE source, there is some major backstage heat on John Cena after what took place at Monday Night Raw yesterday.

For those of you that watched the ending segment of Raw yesterday, you should've noticed John Cena's abrupt departure from the ring after his brief speech on the microphone directed towards CM Punk. That's not what was supposed to happen.

John Cena was supposed to remain in the ring until CM Punk had finished his rebuttal. That's why CM Punk appeared puzzled after Cena suddenly left. The entire segment after that became awkward as Punk had to decide on the spot to return his attention towards Jerry Lawler. That confrontation between him and Lawler was supposed to take place about 5 minutes later than it actually did.

There is word going around backstage that Cena has been very upset lately with his current situation in WWE. The former WWE Champion believes that he puts in a very heavy work load, but doesn't get enough back. It is being said that he wishes to drastically change his character, ring attire and persona in order to adapt to how the audience is reacting to him.

Furthermore, Triple H was said to be furious at Cena once he got backstage, and an arguement broke out between the two. Things have not cooled down just yet. In his defence, John Cena has not had a character change, or even tweak in almost 7 years.

It is unkown if the company will decide to punish him or not. Not going off script to make yourself appear better is considered an unwritten rule for everyone backstage. The source also revealed that Vince McMahon and John Cena will get together to pan things out.

If John Cena truly is upset with his current situation in WWE, it's hard to blame him as it's well documented how much work he really puts in for the company. Fans have been asking for change, and now Cena himself wants it too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take this as just a rumor for right now, as this is the only site I've seen it reported on

Those who live without honor, end without honor.

I find it funny that the site sides with him. I would call this the actions of a Drama queen. If this comes to life as true validity I will not side with Cena one bit. He has 10 world titles reigns in less than ten years and an over year run with the title which had been unheard of for many years in WWE. He owes his popularity to WWE, Make a wish doesn't get heels asked for often. He wouldn't be giving as much if he was a heel. While I agree that the character has gone stale he needs to deal with the era he is in. He is the PG poster boy and needs to realize he is the side show for the kiddies not to be taken as a serious competitor. If he had not wanted to be come that he should have tried curving years ago when it made sense.
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

I'm totally with Indy here. If this is true I agree with Cena over the lack of character development, however not getting back what he puts in is ridiculous. He's had about 12 by my count, world title reigns in less than ten years and not only has he been booked strongly ever since he won his first world title, he's always looked stronger than everyone else on the roster, people have even looked weak due to this Cena over pushing. He returned from injury and straight away won a royal rumble which lead to another world title reign. Even during CM Punk's title reign it's been Cena who has closed every show. If this is true he seems to have no grip on reality. Plus even if all his complaints were understandable, CM Punk had a similar complaint last year and he didn't act unprofessional, how he got his big "quitting" push doesn't matter, fact is he always did his best in a professional manner when the cameras were on.

The thing I find funny is that according to this Cena is unhappy that the fans dislike him and feels he deserves better treatment for his work. But a big part of why he's so hated is his ridiculous push and over use, so if he wants more of this he really has lost touch. Of course a lot of fans hate his character, but I think this combined with the way he's booked to look like Super-Cena is what really tee's the fans off. I know that for me the problem isn't just that the character is lame and old, it's the way he's forced down our throats, given title reign after title reign and made to look invincible. When the character and ring work is boring and annoying whilst he gets this amazing push, that for me is a killer.

Thing is, before his first title reign I liked Cena, I think if you watch his work from the thuganomics era you'll see he was quite talented. But now I think he's just gotten lazy, living to his laurels. You'd think he'd improve his matches, but it's pretty much always the same match. Thing is, did he stop putting the effort in because the WWE forced him to stick to a one dimensional or did they force him to stick to a one dimensional character because he got lazy.

Still, this could all be BS. I'm sure at least parts of it are untrue and it's been exaggerated.
      sigpic
      Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

I was actually a big Cena fan before he was moved to Raw, once he was moved its like he forgot how to wrestle

Those who live without honor, end without honor.

Comment

this is a strange one, I agree with Cena in part but I also agree with both Indy and Boosh.

Cena needs a change in character, everyone knows this and now it seems that Cena does too. I am sure it would be frustrating having to work a role that has gone stale and the audience is no longer relating with in the desired way (Boosh, maybe you could give some insight here due to your theatre experiences).

This doesnt change the fact that he should NEVER go into business for himself. This is the same type of thing that I used to criticise HBK for. It damages the product as a whole. If this report is true, then Cena has put himself ahead of the whole roster. Im sure Chavo Guerrero didnt want to lose to Hornswoggle but he went out and did it. Cena has a heavy workload but at the end of the day, he is well paid for it. As heavy a workload as he has, I doubt there are too many in the company that wouldnt swap spots with him in a heartbeat.

Comment

So now John Cena is a combination of 90's HBK and current Hogan oh dear.

By the way this is more then likely full of crap.
            Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

I want him to do worked shoot this time. That'd be interesting.

Comment

Then we would all accuse him of copying CM Punk.
                Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

but CM Punk just read from a script that was written for him, so it wouldnt be copying.

Comment

I want him to do worked shoot this time.
                    That's an oxymoron, there's no such thing as a "worked shoot." A "shoot", by definition, is something real and a "work" is something that is supposed to APPEAR real.
                    "In nominee Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti."

Comment

Originally posted by Turley View Post
                      but CM Punk just read from a script that was written for him, so it wouldnt be copying.

And what do you think Cena would be doing he'd be copying it be the same kind of shoot Punk did a couple of minor changes but otherwise it be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        That's an oxymoron, there's no such thing as a "worked shoot." A "shoot", by definition, is something real and a "work" is something that is supposed to APPEAR real.
                        Fine. I want him to do a shot work, then.

Comment

I assume what you're saying is you want Cena to do the equivalent of Punk's original "Pipebomb" promo and, if that's what you're getting at, then you're totally confused. Punk likely had carte blanche to say whatever he wanted in an unscripted way but the idea behind his promo was WWE approved. It was fresh, interesting, different, and wasn't necessarily scripted but it was still WWE controlled. It wasn't a real shoot but it was designed to look like one - in other words it was a WORK.

You can't have it both ways, something is either a "work" or a "shoot." One or the other. If it appears to be both then it's a WORK. If you believe it's both then you're a MARK. You can probably count the number of true shoots we've seen in wrestling on your hands and toes - and you'd never have to take your socks off.

Comment

... All I said is that I want him to do a promo. Sorry I didn't say it the way it was apparently SUPPOSED to be said. I seriously can't believe people still take offense to that term. Does it really friggin' matter?

And for the record, I can't count all the 'true shoots' there have been in this business, nor do I want to. And I'm not wearing socks.

Comment

All you want him to do is a promo? OK, well he does a promo every week! How would him doing the exact same thing he does week in and week out be "interesting?" Please, enlighten me.

Comment

Working...
                              X