Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *UPDATE* TMZ: Austin Aries Given "Severe Fine" Over Hemme Incident

Source: LordsofPain.net

Last Thursday on Impact Wrestling, TNA ring announcer Christy Hemme mistakenly introduced Austin Aries and tag team partner Bobby Roode as their opponents for the evening, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian. This led Aries to corner the inaugural winner of WWE's Diva Search in the ring as he intimidated her into correctly introducing him before climbing onto a second-level turnbuckle and shoving his groin near her face. According to a source within the organization, the scene was not pre-planned.

In response to whether the former WWE Diva was legitimately bothered by Aries' actions on Impact, the source responded, "Of course, she was. How would you react? It's one thing if that was set up as a work earlier in the day, and even then our girls would have to reassure our agents over and over again that they would be okay with that spot before it got approved for television."

The source adds that he believes she was "technically sexually harassed."

Following the show, Hemme voiced her displeasure with Aries' actions via Twitter, deeming it "unacceptable." Late Saturday night, Aries appeared to address the incident though the social networking outlet, writing, "Pretty nuts, some of the junk people get the balls to say over the net, knowing they couldn't to your face...Eh, anyway, time to sack out."

I liked the improv on Aries part, to call it technical sexual harassment is silly. This is what sets the TNA guys apart from the WWE guys, TNA guys think for themselves (within the confines of the character). That's why their promos flow better (different vocabs) and why the identities of the wrestlers are very diverse, overall it plays out in the ring as well where the most simple moves such as a punch or a dropkick is applied in a different style. OLD SCHOOL!!

Comment

Yeah because wrestling needs a heel to shove his nuts in a woman's face. That is wrestling pure and simple. It's not old school or cool to have one of your wrestlers do such a thing and paints Aries in a bad light. That wasn't pre planned means that's the kind of thing Aries is ok with and I guess the kind of thing Dixie Carter is ok with too. Maybe in other countries people think it's fine but it's not acceptable. And whether you or anyone else likes it or not, Christy has a (solid) case and can take a lot of money away from TNA. She's in the right and if we have to go to that level, picture yourself in her shoes. It's not a pleasant thing, to be embarrassed in front of a crowd on a live TV show.

Comment

The person who claimed "technical sexual harassment' has a mind of a smimey 15 year old twerp and they probably have a online law degree. Aries' improv was tasteless because it was supposed to be. Christy doesn't have a case, and she and her husband are laughing at the silly teeny boppers trying to defend her honour over twitter.

Comment

Uhmmm....didn't she giggle afetr he shoved his manwich in her face? I could have sworn I heard a little giggle and just assumed she was alright with it.
          "I'll whip you like you stole something"- Mark Henry 05-06-2013

Comment

During the Flair/Nikita match at GAB '85, while lying on the mat, Nikita's testicle fell out of his trunks. Referee Earl Hebner knelt down and slipped the testicle back in. I hope Nikita didn't file sexual assault charges against the Big E.

Comment

If she did her job properly to begin with then this issue wouldn't have surficed. Saying two names really isn't that hard, especially as it is something she does every week. She gets paid to say their names, seems like the least she could do is get them right.
              Goldie79; Future UD Champion
              Inevitable

Comment

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2724...-be-discipline

"SPIKE VP: ARIES WILL BE DISCIPLINED

David Schwarz, Spike TV’s senior VP/communications, says Austin Aries will be disciplined for the incident involving Aries and Christy Hemme on last Thursday’s Impact. Just as significant, Schwarz unhesitatingly described what happened as sexual harassment.

“We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment,” Schwarz said. “We discussed [the incident] with our partner. [Aries is] being disciplined. I’m trying to get more information on what action is being taken. Dixie Carter took this very personally. He will be disciplined. Again, we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment.

“I’m not sure specifically how [the discipline] will be handled. To what extent, I don’t know. This is certainly something we don’t condone and don’t tolerate. Such behavior is not welcome.

It was suggested that, since Hemme was harassed on national TV, Aries’ discipline should be made public. Schwarz responded:

“I think that a statement of some sort will be coming. That’s being worked out. But immediate action will be taken.”

Carter has not replied to requests for an interview."

Comment

Their own VP calls it sexual harassment. I'm no fan of Spike TV, never have been actually thought it was better as The Nashville Network (shudders). However I don't think he's a 15 year old twerp with an online law degree.

Comment

And so Aries will become a jobber.
                    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                      If she did her job properly to begin with then this issue wouldn't have surficed. Saying two names really isn't that hard, especially as it is something she does every week. She gets paid to say their names, seems like the least she could do is get them right.
                      No this is all Jeff Hardy's fault. If he did not pressure TNA to give him the world title. Aries would have never turned heel and never teamed with Roode thus the situation would not have came up.
                      Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

That's an interesting point. I don't agree with it but I know where you're coming from. I don't know why TNA felt they needed to have Hardy back and give him the World Title. At the end of the day, Aries is at fault for acting like he's still in the Indies where it wouldn't be brought up. He reminds me of CM Punk, which is a compliment to his in ring skills. However Punk is a jackass and doesn't represent the WWE very well in my opinion. Aries does the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                          Oh I don't know MM, I mean it's not like the wrestlers have their own theme music play as they enter to help identify them.

Anyway for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flx9jXo2Ock

Well, it would have been better had he snatched the mic off her and said something resembling "We're a team of world champions, we deserve respect. We're not wrestling until this stupid bimbo gets our name right."

But as for what he did, nothing wrong with it. Jeez all these reports make it sound like he grabbed her and shoved her face towards his crotch. No, he did a basic taunt on the turnbuckle only with her in the turnbuckle. His crotch was near her face sure, but if she were shorter or taller it wouldn't of been, it just happens she was in his way and she was just the right height for this to happen. I mean c'mon people, it's not like his crotch actually touched her. Let's not forget this is wrestling, where people are in positions like this all the time, I don't see X-Pac getting called out for sexual-harassment every time he hits the broncobuster. Hemme used to wrestle, she should know the ropes. Again, his crotch was near her face, didn't even touch it, if you watch Roode even awkwardly positioned his body to avoid contact, all things considered that's fairly considerate - could see someone like Triple H just doing it and expecting the girl to move herself out the way.

I'm a little surprised Hemme is upset about this, she's done some pretty sexual stuff on camera in the past. Gets she cleaned up her act since getting married and now she's overcompensating.
                          sigpic
                          Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by metfan51 View Post
                            http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2724...-be-discipline

"SPIKE VP: ARIES WILL BE DISCIPLINED

David Schwarz, Spike TV’s senior VP/communications, says Austin Aries will be disciplined for the incident involving Aries and Christy Hemme on last Thursday’s Impact. Just as significant, Schwarz unhesitatingly described what happened as sexual harassment.

“We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment,” Schwarz said. “We discussed [the incident] with our partner. [Aries is] being disciplined. I’m trying to get more information on what action is being taken. Dixie Carter took this very personally. He will be disciplined. Again, we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment.
                            Dixie Carter is a prude and knows nothing of the wrestling business. The woman's a moron and doesn't understand her own product, she can't decide between producing family entertainment and being edgey so TNA is stuck in some strange limbo. Another example is when that kid got his sign ripped at a WWE show and Dixie offered him and his mother free tickets to B4G so they can see a real family orientated show - you know the one that featured Robert Roode and James Storm beating each other into bloody pulps with thumbtacks and beer bottles.

Why did no one make a fuss like this when Bully Ray called Brooke a slut? Or when that pervy dude refereed a knockouts match and kept harrassing the girls and touching himself? What Roode did here was in no way near as bad as that. He did nothing wrong. Worst that should happen to him is someone like Hardy or Angle comes out, says "you don't do that to a woman" even though Aries did nothing (again, his crotch never touched her) and then Aries jobs to the hero in a squash and we forget all about it.
                            sigpic
                            Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by metfan51 View Post
                              Their own VP calls it sexual harassment. I'm no fan of Spike TV, never have been actually thought it was better as The Nashville Network (shudders). However I don't think he's a 15 year old twerp with an online law degree.
                              He still has no business discussing wrestling angles. The stupidity of political correctness and corporatism should have no say in wrestling. People these days are so butt hurt about offending women and feeling unsafe in the work place, it's just pathetic that people can't put their insecurities and fear of man aside. Had Aries done this to Christy in the women's showers then yes, but to call it sexual harassment is beyond stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X