Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA Impact Wrestling Up For Sale?

Prowrestlingnews24.com:

According to The Wrestling Observer report, the current feeling in TNA is the company will survive in some form going forward, if only because SpikeTV will not want to lose the product/TV programming.

It has been previously speculated that The Carter family might want to pull the plug on the company if it continues down its current path, but the report notes it's much more likely The Carter's would sell TNA, so the family could at least get something out of it rather than simply shutting it down.
    As far as 2014 and the immediate future of TNA is concerned, the big, lingering questions are who will own it, will the new or curent owners give the company an overhaul, will the roster change, and where will Impact be taped should it be pulled from the road
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

It is amazing how long this has been up and Shock not calling it crap.
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

Jesus, a possible WWE buy out on the horizon. I hope they are honorable to the archives if it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Indy Junkie View Post
        It is amazing how long this has been up and Shock not calling it crap.
        I don't just post and visit from any website, I would've waited until a more reputable site like Gerweck or PWInsider would post it (which Gerweck did, a few hours ago). So unwind your twisted panties.

Comment

It's so sad to see this, although I have been expecting it.

Why Dixie continues to put people like Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo in creative control just blows my mind. Nothing good comes out of these people, and yet she invests more money in them, and continues to flush her company down the drain piece by piece. She was at least smart enough to get rid of Russo.

I'll be praying that Vince doesn't get the company. I hope Jeff Jarrett can take it back before it's too late.
          "I don't hate you. I hate this idea that you're the best, because you're not. I am. I'm the best in the world."

Comment

I would take this with a grain of salt until there's more solid info as it was basically, "The Carters may sell, or maybe they won't, who knows, we don't"

Those who live without honor, end without honor.

Comment

Well if Vince actually pursues going for "big money" and Spike obliges then I think TNA being sold off is highly likely.

Comment

Vince McMahon said that buying up the competition was a big mistake as he later saw how bad it was for the profession, and the WWE are in the midst of saving money. So yes, it's quite unlikely that the WWE would purchase TNA. Like Flame said, let's wait until we hear it from the horses mouth and not be so foolish. Did anyone not hear Dixie's reasons for letting go of talent to bring in new blood to freshen up TNA? Lei-D Tapa gets promoted to the roster, Derrick "Ethan" Batemen is on his way.

Comment

This reminds me of Jerry Jarrett's complaints about Dixie. I don't understand why she bought it in the first place, she wasn't a wrestling fan, had no experience in wrestling and even thinks wrestling fans are 40 year olds that like in their parents basement.

Then when she bought the company she became the biggest mark, not only hiring guys like Hogan but going out of her way to accommodate them.

TNA has been providing great stuff lately, (minus aces and 8's dragging on) but it has serious problems, all of which go back to Dixie not knowing the business.

If I were AJ or Joe now, I'd consider trying to get Vince to hire me now rather than later. Vince likes to make guys he didn't make look bad, but if they jump ship he may give them a chance. It always looks better to leave on your own terms than to go down with the company. Better to be one of the guys that made TNA than one of those wrestlers from that bankrupt company. AJ will struggle with out TNA, because he was always their guy, his whole image is TNA, if TNA does get sold to WWE or just end, the sooner he tries to move away from the TNA image the better. And Joe, Joe owes TNA nothing. TNA gave Joe his push so what? Joe is renowned by wrestling fans all over the world, he doesn't need TNA, yet they treat him so badly, he owes them nothing so I would consider jumping ship.
                  sigpic
                  Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Shockage View Post
                    Vince McMahon said that buying up the competition was a big mistake as he later saw how bad it was for the profession, and the WWE are in the midst of saving money. So yes, it's quite unlikely that the WWE would purchase TNA. Like Flame said, let's wait until we hear it from the horses mouth and not be so foolish. Did anyone not hear Dixie's reasons for letting go of talent to bring in new blood to freshen up TNA? Lei-D Tapa gets promoted to the roster, Derrick "Ethan" Batemen is on his way.
                    The fact you believe that is absurd. Especially when you consider how many Gut check winners were cut. so 2 people you call Dixie proving reason? They have fired over way more.

Comment

once again i see more unfounded Hogan and Bischoff bashing when we have no idea how much input they've really been given. their two main ideas were getting rid of the 6 sided ring, and taking impact on the road, getting out of the impact zone was a necessity unfortunately TNA does not have the capital or ability to do it the right way. there other idea moving to monday, initially created excitement, the problem was the poor execution on the first show, starting with that eye sore cage match or whatever the hell it was.

Comment

Here's my take, Im not a fan of the Carter family at all in the Professional Wrestling Industry. Like so many of you pointed out, they have no clue what they are doing. In fact anyone of us here on GENESIS could do a better job than Dixie is doing right now. I feel selling the Promotion would be the right thing to do for the Carters if in fact they are looking for a way out. It's pretty obvious that this Family knows about business so I don't see TNA Wrestling going anywhere, if anything we will have new owners.
                        http://pw247.net

Comment

Originally posted by Shockage View Post
                          Vince McMahon said that buying up the competition was a big mistake as he later saw how bad it was for the profession, and the WWE are in the midst of saving money. So yes, it's quite unlikely that the WWE would purchase TNA.
                          I never said WWE would. Vince's looking for "Big Money" is him looking to go to another cable station. A few sites note he is not happy with the money from USA but Spike could make him happy in terms of money. If he did go to Spike I am sure Spike would be forced to drop TNA. which could lead to the Carter's selling faster. I just had a cold chill run down my spine, Bisch may be financially well off enough to buy TNA if it goes on sale.

Comment

i dont trust this source, Wrestling Observer has been wrong before. the way there saying it is a butt covering tactic. because it is more of a Old Wives Tale then a real story.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Indy Junkie View Post

I never said WWE would. Vince's looking for "Big Money" is him looking to go to another cable station. A few sites note he is not happy with the money from USA but Spike could make him happy in terms of money. If he did go to Spike I am sure Spike would be forced to drop TNA. which could lead to the Carter's selling faster. I just had a cold chill run down my spine, Bisch may be financially well off enough to buy TNA if it goes on sale.
                              But WWE has already been on Spike, I think WWE going else where was a big part of TNA getting Spike in the first place. I don't know what caused WWE to move, but something went wrong for one of them so I doubt he'd go back. That would essentially be dropping the network your not happy with for another your not happy with.

I can't see Bisch spending his own money on TNA either. It's all fun and games when you get paid to play with someone elses money, but I can't see him putting up his own. Bisch and Hogan could very well just be trying to get as much money from TNA as they can, can't see him putting up his own money or taking a risk.

One thing I'm considering is that Hogan, Bisch and Dixie trying to run before they can walk is a big reason for all of this. Sure, TNA has gotten bigger through their work but not much bigger. When Jarrett owned the company, I don't remember their being any issues about the company going bust, they were small but financially stable.
                              sigpic
                              Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

Working...
                              X