X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Benoit's Debut Match Announced

We noted before that David Benoit, the son of Chris Benoit, had been training with guys like David Hart Smith and had expressed interest in getting into pro wrestling.
    Smith Hart announced on Twitter Monday night that Benoit will make his in-ring debut on July 18th at a Hart Legacy Wrestling event in Calgary.
    Benoit will team with Chavo Guerrero in a tag match.
    Last edited by Shockage; 05-02-2014, 11:28 PM.
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

you got to feel sorry for the kid, because everyone will associate him with his father and maybe his career will be blighted by his father actions

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor guy. Perhaps he should drop the surname. If he's keen to honour his father's wrestling legacy, then maybe using a name like Young Pegasus or Pegasus II?

Comment

I wish him the best of luck, but the kid has an uphill battle to say the least

Those who live without honor, end without honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockage View Post
          I feel sorry for the poor guy. Perhaps he should drop the surname. If he's keen to honour his father's wrestling legacy, then maybe using a name like Young Pegasus or Pegasus II?
          Actually he would be Pegasus Kid III, Fergal Devitt claimed the Pegasus Kid II.

Uphill battle he may have, but I wish him a grand legacy.
          Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

Apparently he's been backstage at some WWE shows since the tragedy. So, if he changes his name, perhaps he can still get some benefits from being his father's son.

I think the main problem is, based from what he said in an interview, he believes Benot should be in the HOF. He's entitled to his beliefs, he won't voice them around anyone from the WWE.

Chris Benoit seemed close to the Hart family, perhaps they could take pity on David, feel bad that he can't/shouldn't use his name and lend him the Hart's name.

All the best to him, hopefully he can fight off the stigma and bring some light back to Benoit name (even if he doesn't use it, if David became successful it would still be something positive)
            sigpic
            Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

I would be amazed if David was to ever find full time employment in the WWE. Even if he is innocent of any wrong doing,

Comment

Hoenstly I doubt he can hide his name. I mean look at the Guy he is the Son of Benoit. He looks just like him.

Comment

So I just read this http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/4753...ericho-furious

Like things couldn't get worse for David
                  sigpic
                  Violence Just Got Sexy

Comment

Providing that article provided above by Boosh is true.... it sounds typical of the kind of thing Smith would do! (going by the way Bret talks about him in his book).

I can't blame Chavo for being annoyed.... and if Smith knew David Benoit has not recieved proper training, hes probably booking the 'Benoit' name on the show to sell tickets (as in people may buy tickets because they are simply intrigued)

Comment

Working...
                    X