Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogan was a very important ingredient. I don't know that they would have reached quite the same level of success without him. Although, I do remember that the plan was always for there to be a third guy. If it hadn't have been Hogan it may have been Sting. If Sting could have played that "edgy" heel like Hall and Nash, I think nWo would still have been one of the best things in wrestling. A lot of nWo's success had to do with how different and cool the group was.

Comment

It would have been cool to have seen Sting as the NWO leader.... but it would have ended up as another wrestling storyline. How well is Sting known outside wrestling circles however?
      With Hogan the NWO was advertised all across the mainstream media.... I couldnt imagine WCW reaching out to the likes of the Jay Leno show without Hogans involvement.

I could imagine in this matchup Kevin Sullivan representing the old school and accusing the NWO guys of making wrestling a circus. A powerbomb by Nash later and a Hogan legdrop of DOOM later.... he realises he has to move with the times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tambourine Man View Post
        Although, I do remember that the plan was always for there to be a third guy. If it hadn't have been Hogan it may have been Sting. If Sting could have played that "edgy" heel like Hall and Nash, I think nWo would still have been one of the best things in wrestling. A lot of nWo's success had to do with how different and cool the group was.
        I heard it was supposed to be Bret Hart. But who was Sting exactly to the international wrestling fans? As a New Zealander, when WCW was introduced to our shores in 1994, Hulk was leading the charge, a sense of familiarity followed Hogan as the likes of Savage, Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Mean Gene, Heenan were featured in prominent WCW roles. If you're going to introduce the New World Order to the world and cast the 3rd guy, wouldn't you cast that vital role to someone that the entire world knew too well rather than a guy who had been there for 9 years but didn't have big enough profile? To make the NWO work and have that 3rd guy make a big impact, the guy had to be someone that EVERYBODY knew, not just the wrestling community. This storyline wasn't supposed to be for the normal American wrestling viewer or if done today it had to reach beyond the internet smarks, this guy had to be big, and loved for the fan to be shocked and betrayed. That's why Hulk Hogan was perfect for the spot. This wasn't a role that you would give to Sting or even Bret, or just anyone in the wrestling community and expect international buzz. When 911 happened, the terrorists didn't strike a farm in Wyoming, they hit the most recognisable American city known to the world.
        Last edited by Shockage; 04-18-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

This is one of the most important moment in wrestling, when the stable of NWO was created, it caused shock waves and certain made an impact in the land of wrestling. They attacked everyone face's heel and jobbers, which havn't been done before. Varasity might have had the techincal skill but they faced the wrong stable at the wrong time.

Comment

New World Order Advances.
            Thomdango

Comment

Working...
            X