X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Trash Talk until people began putting more focus on it than concentrating own their debates. It was following the Raw trend of less wrestling and more self centered promos.

With the closure of Trash Talk, I would suggest and encourage debaters to use the Fair or Foul forum as an avenue to hone your debating skills in between debates.

Comment

I was thoroughly pleased with my debate with Scrappy because we didn't waste time. we came to debate and we didn't need Trash Talk to promote our skills, and I'm sure we broke the record of finishing our debate within 2 days. If the Panel gave myself and Scrappy 5 topics, we'd have them done in a week. However, I'm not a debater, I'm just saying that me and Scrappy knew that our priorities were in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by thethirdwarren View Post
        I feel I need to defend the trash talk thread. Yea the chaos/Kash thing got out of hand. That's one example. if it foot to be too much, Chaos could have been reprimanded and life could have continued. Blame yourselves for letting it get out of hand.

But the "it gets more focus than the debates" argument you and Shock keep using is ridiculous. Only a few of us even use the trash talk thread. Chaos, me, Foley, Indy....and all of us finished our debates, except Foley who's opponents didn't show up which isn't his fault. So where is the focus on trash talking instead of debating? Sounds like you're looking for scapegoats instead of addressing problems.

If Chaos took it too far, I understand. And a punishment would have solved that. Taking away a whole thread which makes things more fun and competitive is ridiculous. What you really need to do is punish the people that continually offend. Also, only let participating members in, including the panel and others, and enforce the rule.. You're asking for drama and controversy when the judges are bickering with the talent. For example, Shockage always comes in even though there's aleady supposedly a rule that says you have to be competing. He always gets people riled up by using negative methods. Then he says he's a manager. Are you serious lol?

Also, I think you should invent a new thread called ask the panel or something. Somewhere that people can ask questions. The unapproachable nature of the panel is what makes clashes with you guys happen. If someone loses and wants to know why, why not answer? All it could do is help them better themselves. Obviously they'd have to respectfully ask questiones or face the consequences, but why not? Better than whining about it in the trash talk thread where it always seems to spiral out of control.
        I have all the respect in the world for Thirdwarren and I truly beleive that he is spot on with his comments, the comment that the trash talk get more focus than the debates is wrong, as Thirdwarren did say that all the regular talker to manage to post their debates on time.

Now I think everyone and their dog know that I talk and I talk alot, therefore sounds like I must appolgise for talking to much, but that what I am. Now I know that im not the most popular person with the UD panel and that could be my fault, but its seems like you are punishing the rest of UD by taking away the trash talk due to my action. Therefore why not bring it back for this card and simply ban me from using the trash talk area, its a win/win situation, you dont have to hear my opinions and everyone else can trash talk.

I love the "ask the panel" idea, I'd admit that I've asked the panel twince concerning result of my matches, and kinda unhappy with the response or lack of a response. I know that you are worried if this will happen that you think I will rant and rave in it, but when Turley eventually gave me an answer I accepted it and thanked him.

Finally thanks from some convincing from Ice Queen, please book me on the next UD card.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoskid View Post
          I'd admit that I've asked the panel twince concerning result of my matches, and kinda unhappy with the response or lack of a response. I know that you are worried if this will happen that you think I will rant and rave in it, but when Turley eventually gave me an answer I accepted it and thanked him.
          and it has since been revealed that Goldenboy had already talked to you before this. You arent exactly recounting this accurately. Move on, mention it again and you might see yourself watching the next few rounds. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie79 View Post
            Kid Kash is already on hand to ask for feedback in PM
            I'm not sure about making it public without arguements escalating, and continually having to justify the decision over and over, going round in circles. (Remember how Horsey was?)
            If theres a way to do this without carnage then we look at it.

We also had an UD suggestion thread .... but this quickly transcended into trashtalk and ruined when it was supposed to be serious. Even the thread announcing the new panel members was met with a couple of snide comments. As did the Results thread last card.
            It needs to stay in its own section because it was affecting other threads.
            I agree. But the fact that trash talk spreads everywhere else is exactly why its needed. Along with stricter enforcement of the rules. If someone is warned to calm down and doesn't, they deserve their punishment. And if someone can't ask a panel member something without resorting to disrespectful methods, they deserve their punishment too.

Originally posted by Shockage View Post
            I was thoroughly pleased with my debate with Scrappy because we didn't waste time. we came to debate and we didn't need Trash Talk to promote our skills, and I'm sure we broke the record of finishing our debate within 2 days. If the Panel gave myself and Scrappy 5 topics, we'd have them done in a week. However, I'm not a debater, I'm just saying that me and Scrappy knew that our priorities were in the right place.
            That was a great debate. When me and Razor debated we didn't berate each other either. Some people don't want to trash talk and that's fine. But some do because its fun for them. Completely getting rid of it will see every thread associated with UD fall into to arguments because there isn't an avenue to vent.
            The Jerk of OWW!!!

Comment

I really don't see what the issue is in missing Trash Talk for one card. Personally I've found it to be repetitive and has grown stale. Though that could just be because I have Chaos harping on at me every card. So a card without the trash talk is fine in my eyes.

I guess I best sign up for a title match against Rated.
              Goldie79; Future UD Champion
              Inevitable

Comment

Originally posted by chaoskid View Post
                I love the "ask the panel" idea, I'd admit that I've asked the panel twince concerning result of my matches, and kinda unhappy with the response or lack of a response.
                Originally posted by Goldie
                Kid Kash is already on hand to ask for feedback in PM
                For what it's worth I have sent a pm at least once if not twice to ask about the details of a loss for the purposes of realizing where my weaknesses were and never heard anything back. All due respect guys but why tell us to do something if you aren't following through. I have never "truly" complained about a loss. I can be a pain sometimes but I usually show the panel the utmost respect.
                "Turley OR NO ONE ELSE"

Comment

This is a sign up thread not a discussion thread, trash thread or debate thread........opinions need to be kept to the right section as it becomes a nightmare to control. Please leave this thread for the sign up only.

So far on the sign up we have.............

thethirdwarren
                  Rated R
                  Cman
                  The Canadian superstar
                  Bill Foley
                  ScrapMetal55
                  Chaos Kid
                  Macho Man

Comment

There is no section for it which is exactly my point!
                    The Jerk of OWW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thethirdwarren View Post
                      There is no section for it which is exactly my point!
                      Well how about I reopen the UD Suggestions thread... but I want peoples word that this will not transcend into Trashtalk??

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Foley View Post
                        For what it's worth I have sent a pm at least once if not twice to ask about the details of a loss for the purposes of realizing where my weaknesses were and never heard anything back. All due respect guys but why tell us to do something if you aren't following through. I have never "truly" complained about a loss. I can be a pain sometimes but I usually show the panel the utmost respect.
                        I have had one PM from you regarding a result. Real life got in the way and I couldn't spend much time on the forum during that period. I should havesaid to you that I couldn't give you a detailed response, so you should PM Goldy or Turley. My apologies for that.
                        The Panel already knows the truth about the CK PMs.

FWIW, sometimes there's no big "reason" why someone loses a debate. Sometimes a debater just get outclassed.

Comment

It's nice to know my work hasn't gone unnoticed...and yes, Shock, that was one of my favorite debates. Austin vs Rock is about as high caliber as it gets, and as you said, you and I both went into this with the intent to finish in a timely manner. That's how I try to make all my debates go.

I missed everything that happened with the trash talk thread, but I wasn't great at trash talking anyway. I was usually busy thinking of points to cover in my ACTUAL debate....so the trash talk thing doesn't effect me THAT much. I'm just ready to debate.

"I think I AM thinking what you think I think you're thinking..."

Comment

Deal me in for this card
                            Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

Thats nine sign ups so far!

Better mention that we have a Wrestlemania & HOF theme in mind

Comment

Ill do double if needed. Ill be like Yokozuna.
                                Goldie79; Future UD Champion
                                Inevitable

Comment

Working...
                                X