Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD CARD #24 The Legend Killer vs. CMAN

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31142415_n.jpg
    Would TNA of survived without the X-Division?

Standard Rules Apply
    7 days to pick/confirm you side
    7 days for each part of debate
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Ah crap.......... I don't even watch TNA! I'll pick no though, at least give it a try.

Comment

I got Yes then.
      sigpic

Comment

When you think of this show, what's some of the first things you think about? Maybe you think of Samoa Joe, or Sting, but, one of the main things that even people that don't even watch TNA know is The X Division. In a WWE crowded world, where the heavyweights, and heavyweight matches are matches that were all over your TV, the X Division was a breath of fresh air. It showed us that the cruiserweights division was not just a memory of the WCW and how great it was, it showed us that Cruiserweights matches can still be just as good as the main event. It showed us superstars that are now synonymous with Total Nonstop Attitude. AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels etc.

On a program that was run by Hulk Hogan, the fans that watched WCW kind of knew what to expect, we saw what he did with the ability to control WCW, so, it was no surprise when we saw former superstars coming back, reliving old days. Nothing wrong with nostalgia, I enjoy it, but, in a time when there were only a few memorable heavyweights, the X Division was what people talked about during the show, that was what people will always remember.

In conclusion, there is no way Total Nonstop Action would have made it without the X-Division. Would they have lasted a bit? Sure, now people that don't get ROH, CZW, etc., now had another option, but, the X-Division was what told us that Total Nonstop Action is for real. It's what kept you entertained, it got you interested in newer superstars that were heavyweights competing in the X-Division, it gave you new names to enjoy, and turned you into a fan. Without the X-Division, it's simple, Total Nonstop Action would just be a failed promotion.

EDIT: Special thanks to www.onlineworldofwrestling.com and Wikipedia for the info.
        Last edited by The Legend Killer; 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to give thanks!

Comment

CMAN get on the ball you have a little over a day left
          Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

Less than 6 hours Cman!

Comment

TNA would have absolutely survived without the X Division. Granted it was promoted as a no limits division, but that just meant that anybody from cruiserweights to heavyweights could compete in the X Division, so what makes it so different. Without the X Division TNA would be any other promotion out there, doing the same things that they are now. Guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Kaz, Samoa Joe, and others would be just as successful in TNA without the Division as they were with it. TNA is the alternative to the WWE and that is how it is promoted. Without the X Division I believe that TNA would be just fine.
              sigpic

Comment

About 1 day and 21 hours left in this debate. Let's move it. If someone needs to forfeit please do so.

Comment

Stupid question, we actually HAVE to do 2 debates? If that's what's up, I forfeit my 2nd argument. I said what I needed already./

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend Killer View Post
                    Stupid question, we actually HAVE to do 2 debates? If that's what's up, I forfeit my 2nd argument. I said what I needed already./
                    Winner by Forfeit Cman

Comment

Working...
                    X