Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Attitude of Aaron Kendrick

Summerslam 1999

At the conclusion of Summerslam, Jesse "The Body" Ventura raises the hand of Mankind, the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. Mankind was victorious in a hellacious Triple Threat Match with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H. As Mankind leaves the ring with Ventura raising his hand, Summerslam is seemingly over. Not exactly...

Ross: What a night at Summerslam! Mankind is the new WWF Champion! But wait a minute... What is Helmsley doing?

Triple H is still livid in the ring. He now orders Chyna to bring him a steel chair. She does so and gets in the ring with him. Triple H walks over to Stone Cold and begins nailing Austin with the chair, mainly on the legs.

Ross: Aww come on. You've done enough damage already.

Referees and officials from backstage begin running to ringside trying to intervene, but Chyna kicks the bottom rope every time they try to slide in. Triple H is still hitting Austin mercilessly, when all of a sudden...

King: What the hell? The lights are out...

Ross: You know, I bet it's that damn Vince McMahon backstage messing with the lighting system.

But no... when the lights come back on, there is a man standing right behind Triple H and Chyna...

Ross: What the hell? Is that?

Indeed it is... Aaron Kendrick! Kendrick nails Triple H in the back of the head and mounts on top of him. He begins unloading a melee of attacks and then Chyna jumps on the back of Kendrick. Kendrick stands up and holds Chyna on his back. He grabs her by the hair and flips her over onto the canvas. Triple H now charges at Kendrick, but is hit with a big spinebuster!

Ross: My God it's Aaron Kendrick! He was a fast rising superstar in the WWF as a part of that talent exchange last year and he was cut off when Triple H broke his leg! He's back!

Kendrick now takes Chyna and puts her head between his legs. He lifts her up now, and slams her on top of Triple H with a powerbomb! Kendrick now picks up Triple H and throws him over the top rope and to the floor.

King: Oh my gosh! What's he gonna do now, JR?

Kendrick grabs Chyna by the hair and picks her up over his head in a military press position. Kendrick walks over to the ropes and launches Chyna down on top of Triple H! Kendrick's music begins to play...

Ross: The landscape of the World Wrestling Federation has been turned upside down tonight at Summerslam! What will happen next now that one of the fastest rising superstars has returned to the WWF?

Kendrick takes a knee and checks on Stone Cold Steve Austin as the camera fades to black....

To be continued...
    "I don't hate you. I hate this idea that you're the best, because you're not. I am. I'm the best in the world."

The Aftermath of Summerslam

A recap of Summerslam is shown as Raw is War is on the air. The broadcast begins with Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler going over the card, as well as the results from Summerslam. The two are interrupted by Triple H and Chyna, who come down to the ring and begin on a rant. Triple H claims that he was once again screwed out of the World Wrestling Federation Championship...

Triple H: Last night at Summerslam, I was inches away. Seconds away, from becoming the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I hit Stone Cold Steve Austin with the Pedigree. I was three seconds away, dammit! And that damn Mankind came in and took it. He took every damn bit of it away from me! And not only that, Jesse Ventura screwed me over with that fast count in the end. This leads me to believe that there was some sort of payoff between Mick Foley and you, Governor. But, we're all past that, right? Wrong!

I am demanding a match tonight for that World Wrestling Federation Championship. And me and Chyna, we ain't leaving the ring until we get what we want. So Foley, you might as well get your fat ass out here and give me my match.

Triple H throws down the microphone and paces around in the ring, waiting on the new WWF Champion...

Ross: Triple H and Chyna, staging some sort of a sit-down strike in the middle of the ring. He's demanding that Mankind grant him with a match for the WWF title tonight. Quite frankly, I don't think that bastard deserves it after what he did to Stone Cold last night at Summerslam!

Triple H goes back over and picks up the mic...

Triple H: Too afraid to give me my match, Foley? Wrong choice. I'm getting the match, no matter what it takes. I'll do whatever I have to do, even if it means messing with people you care about. Like your friends...

Triple H turns around and leans over the top rope and stares at Jim Ross...

Triple H: Why don't you come into the ring, JR. I want to talk to you, and maybe you can talk some sense into your buddy, Mick. Come on in, JR. I just want to talk to you.

King: I don't know if I would do that or not, JR.

Ross: No, King. It's fine.

JR takes off his headset and slowly stands up to a loud ovation...

Triple H: Yeah, everyone give it up for good ol' JR. A damn good announcer. JR, come on into the ring.

JR walks over to the ring and gets inside, but very cautiously...

Triple H: JR, do you feel that I should have my match tonight for the WWF Championship? Please, by all means be honest with me.

Ross: Well, to be honest... Hell no I don't think you should! You sorry son of a bitch, what you did to Stone Cold last night was damn near criminal. And you think you ought to be rewarded for it? Hell no. But I'm sure that a man like Mick Foley would be more then willing to whip your ass like you deserve.

Triple H takes a step back in shock as the crowd begins a chant for JR. Triple H begins to look more and more angry...

Triple H: Well... I uh... I don't know what to say, JR. You were honest, just like I asked... Now it's time for me to be honest....

Triple H blasts JR in the head with the mic and Chyna picks him back up off the mat. Triple H gets over behind JR and puts him in an armbar. Chyna brings the mic up to Triple H as he speaks...

Triple H: Foley! You've got about thirty seconds before I snap JR's arm off his body to get your ass out here and give me my WWF Title match!

Mick Foley comes running out onto the ramp with a mic in hand...

Foley: Ok, ok! Hunter, let JR go and you have your match. One-on-one, tonight, in the middle of that ring. You and me for the WWF Championship. You've got your match. Just let him go, Hunter.

Triple H looks around for a minute before speaking...

Triple H: I've got my match tonight?

Foley: You've got your match...

Triple: You're more soft then I thought...

Triple H snaps JR's arm and flees the scene with Chyna as Foley runs down the ramp and gets into the ring to check on JR. Foley calls for help as JR seems to be hurt badly...

The main even of Raw is War is Triple H vs. Mankind for the WWF Championship...

Later that night...

...And Triple H nails Mankind in the head with the steel chair! He now grabs Mankind by the hair and picks him up. He puts his head between his legs and sets up for the Pedigree when all of a sudden, The Rock slides into the ring and blindsides Triple H! He begins laying in right hands before Shane McMahon, the Special Referee, hits Rock with the chair. Rock rolls out to the floor and Shane follows, laying in lots of right hands. Triple H and Mankind are layed out in the ring while this is happening, when all of a sudden...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6...eature=related" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6...eature=related"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6...eature=related" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

King: It's Aaron Kendrick!

Aaron Kendrick comes running down the ramp and clotheslines Shane McMahon at ringside, laying him out! Kendrick rolls into the ring and ducks a clothesline from the recovered Triple H, and grabs him, and takes him down with the inverted DDT! Kendrick gets up and pulls Mankind over on top of Triple H and waves down referee Earl Hebner! Hebner runs down into the ring and begins the count as the crowd goes along... ONE! TWO! THREE!

Howard Finkel: Here is your winner... and STILL the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Mankind!

Chyna comes running into the ring and charges at Kendrick, but Kendrick elevates her up over the top rope using her own momentum! Kendrick now lays down beside Triple H and begins talking to him, and Earl Hebner raises the hand of Mankind and hands him the belt. Kendrick stands back up and shakes the hand of Mick Foley, and then raises his hand...

King: Kendrick has once again got the last laugh on Triple H? Triple H can't ignore him much longer!!!

To be continued...
    "I don't hate you. I hate this idea that you're the best, because you're not. I am. I'm the best in the world."

Comment

The Plot Thickens...

A recap of last week's edition of Raw Is War is shown from the week before. The video displays Aaron Kendrick running down to save Mankind's World Wrestling Federation Championship. The clip ends with Kendrick walking up the ramp looking back with a smirk at Triple H. What will happen tonight on Raw Is War? Rumor has it, Triple H will be calling out the young Kendrick...

Raw opens up with a match involving TAKA Michinoku and Headbanger Mosh. As the two men battle it out in the ring, the match is interrupted unexpectedly by Triple H and Chyna's theme music. The two walk down the ring, both in their ring gear. Triple H throws his water bottle into the crowd as he and Chyna slide into the ring and attack Mosh and TAKA. Chyna throws TAKA over the top rope and his face violently slaps the ringside area and it appears that he is knocked out! As she does this, Triple H hits a big Pedigree on Mosh. He now picks his limp body up and tosses him out with TAKA. Triple H paces around in the ring and the crowd seems to appreciate the seriousness displayed by the game. He now demands a microphone...

Triple H: Yeah, you see this, Kendrick? This is what you get when you piss off "The Game!" Mr. Konami just got his ass knocked out, and Marilyn Manson's bitch just got the woman beat out of him. Now here's what's happening- you're going to bring your ordinary, not-belonging-in-my-ring ass out here and you're going to get a beatdown. I'm going to break your other leg, and you're going to work at your dad's Barbeque stand in Star City, Arkansas where you belong. Rednecks are not bred to be wrestlers. Wait, I'll re-phrase that. Rednecks like you are not INbred to be wrestlers!

Cole: The Game is on the verge of crossing some lines here...

Triple H: You go to the hospital in Oklahoma and ask Jim Ross what happens when you cross me. You made this personal when you cost me the WWF Championship one week ago. Now it's time for your ass to pay. So get out here, Kendrick.

A few moments pass, and Triple H continues to pace around the ring, before Kendrick's theme music begins to play. The crowd erupts and Kendrick appears on the ramp in a sleeveless "WWF Attitude" t-shirt and his gear on. Kendrick has a mike in his hand and he waves the spirit fingers at Triple H mocking him, acting as if he's scared. He then begins to talk...

Kendrick: So. So... So! Triple H and Chyna... You two have a problem with the way I've been conducting buisness of late? Well Trips, I got news for you. It's too damn bad! I will do this, I WILL apologize. I do apologize for not taking an intentional breaking of my leg in a better way. I apologize for sitting at home for seven months on a broken leg and severe concussion, and being pissed off about it. It pisses me off that I missed Wrestlemania XV. I was pissed that I missed Owen Hart's funeral...

Aaron brings his mike down and puts his other hand on his forehead blocking his face full of tears. The crowd begins an Owen chant and applauds Aaron...

Kendrick: I apologize... I apologize for being a man and getting the revenge that I deserve. I cost you the WWF Title because you deserved it. And now, you'll get your match. And I'm looking foward to it just like you, Trips. Don't you worry, you'll be getting your fight. But you won't be kicking my ordinary ass. My ordinary, redneck, inbreed ass will be coming into Unforgiven on September 26, and I will be beating your blueblood, nothing-earned, everything-given ass into the ground!
      You're not getting your match tonight, Trips. I'm making you wait. I want you pissed off. I want you to want me dead. I want a fight. And I know I'll be getting it. I'll see you at Unforgiven. So... So... So...

The crowd echoes the so's... And Kendrick looks straight into the ring...

Kendrick: Now you know!

Kendrick's music plays as he flicks the mike onto the ground with a smirk on his face...

Cole: So now you know, Triple H and Chyna! You'll be getting the match on September 26 at Unforgiven. Aaron Kendrick is ready for a fight, and Triple H will indeed deliver one! Ladies and gentleman, we'll be right back with an update on TAKA Michinoku!

To be continued...

Comment

Debut Episode of SmackDown!

It is the original episode of WWF SmackDown! A huge night has already taken place. Commissioner Shawn Michaels has even announced a huge Tag Team Main Event featuring Aaron Kendrick and Mankind vs. Triple H and the newly named Number One Contender, The Undertaker. Backstage, Triple H is seen having a conversation with Chyna...

Triple H: It's about damn time Shawn gets his head back out of his ass and gives me Kendrick. You know, I don't know what happened to him. It was only a little over a year ago that D-X owned the WWF. And then he had to go off and break his back... Oh well. Chyna, here's the deal. We don't need Kendrick coming into Unforgiven 100%. Tonight is the night we strike. We need to take care of him tonight, and leave just enough of him to finish off in two weeks. You ready? Let's go.

Triple H grabs his water bottle and follows Chyna out of the locker room. The Tag Team main event is next, here on SmackDown!

After the commercial...

Cole: Ladies and gentleman, welcome back to SmackDown! During the commercial, something happened backstage involving the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Mankind. I'm being told we have the footage here, so let's take a look!

The video shows Mankind walking down the hall with his championship, when The Undertaker and Triple H sneak behind him and attack. The two lay in a violent assault on the champ, and Triple H nails him in the head with a chair at one point. The Undertaker finishes off Mankind with a Chokeslam on the cold, concrete floor! The Undertaker flicks back his hair and walks away, followed by Triple H and Chyna. The camera goes back to ringside with Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Cole: King, there's no way Mankind will be able to come out here and compete. Kendrick is looking at a handicap situation right now!

Just then, The Undertaker's theme music begins to play...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHQ_kq7eR0" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHQ_kq7eR0"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHQ_kq7eR0" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Lawler: Oh no...

The Deadman walks through the curtain and begins making his way down the ramp...

Lillian Garcia: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall! Approaching the ring from Death Valley, weighing in at 299 pounds... The Undertaker!

The Undertaker gets to the steps and walks up to the top at the ring post. He slowly raises his arms bringing light back into the arena. The Undertaker walks into the ring now and begins pacing around. Just then, his partner's music hits...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvnGZ7uDGk" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvnGZ7uDGk"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvnGZ7uDGk" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Triple H appears on the stage with Chyna by his side. He pours water on his head and throws it to the crowd. The two begin walking very intensely to the ring.

Lillian Garcia: And his partner... Accompanied by Chyna, from Greenwich, Connecticut, weighing 255 pounds... Triple H!

Triple H gets on the apron and stares out at the crowd before entering. Chyna follows suit. Triple H walks up to The Undertaker and begins talking to him, occasionally looking up the stage, perhaps hoping Mankind won't return. And then, Aaron Kendrick's music blares...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Aaron Kendrick walks through the curtain to a huge reaction. He looks completely ready for the match, despite not having a partner. He walks down the ramp...

Lillian Garcia: And the opponent... From Star City, Arkansas, weighing in at 235 pounds... Aaron Kendrick!

Kendrick hops up on the apron and waits for a moment, before his music is cut off...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgBlu...eature=related" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgBlu...eature=related"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgBlu...eature=related" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Cole: What the hell??

The Rock walks through the curtain to a major reaction from the fans, and he walks straight down the ramp without stopping. Triple H is throwing a fit in the ring, and The Undertaker doesn't look happy, either. The Rock slides into the ring and tackles The Undertaker, and Kendrick springs off the top rope into a cross body on "The Game!" All four men battle it out...

Cole: It looks like The Rock made it to SmackDown! after all! He's taking Mankind's spot in this major tag team main event right after this!

When the camera comes back from commercial, The Rock is going against Triple H in the ring. Triple H has The Rock grounded in a headlock, and Kendrick is attempting to get the crowd on their side, which apparently seems to be working quite well, as The Rock gains a bit of momentum from the situation. He gets back to his feet and hits a couple of elbows to the gut of Triple H, and then runs to bounce off the ropes, but The Undertaker puts his knee up and catches The Rock in the kidney. Kendrick now attempts to get into the ring and intervene, but the ref restrains him. With the referee's back turned, The Undertaker gets into the ring and he and Triple H double team The Rock. Triple H exits the ring with no tag being made. The referee asks Undertaker about it, but he insists there was a tag.

Time goes on in the match, and The Undertaker is now working on the left arm of The Rock. He sets "The Great One" up for Old School. The Undertaker gets to the top rope and begins walking when all of a sudden, Aaron Kendrick runs down the apron and swipes one of The Undertaker's legs, causing him to crotch himself on the top rope! The Rock gets his arm free and begins shaking the rope, not helping Taker's situation. The Rock goes over and tags in Kendrick, and Kendrick stays on the apron and runs back to Taker. Rock goes over to him on the other side. The two men grab Taker's arms and begin dragging him across the top rope!

Lawler: Oh my gosh! Talk about rope burn!!!

Triple H gets into the ring and runs towards The Rock, but Rock hits him with a big spinebuster, and he goes around to look out at the people. The crowd erupts as they know what's coming...

Lawler: Cole, look! It's the most electrifying move in sports entertainment today, The People's Elbow!

He nails the elbow on Triple H, and then Kendrick climbs to the top rope. He stands tall and leaps off with a big frog splash! He gets a two count!

Cole: Oh my! I thought for sure that that would do it!

Kendrick gets up to argue with the referee, and is blindsided by The Undertaker! The Rock comes back in to try to stop him, but he is caught with a hand to the neck, followed by a Chokeslam! The Undertaker now signals for the Tombstone Piledriver, when all of a sudden...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUD4OjwunEo" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUD4OjwunEo"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUD4OjwunEo" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Cole: It's Mankind! The WWF Champion is coming to the ring even though Triple H and The Undertaker ran him down backstage!

Mankind is running... Or hobbling... Down the ramp when Chyna cuts him off, but he locks her into the Mandible Claw!

Lawler: He's got Chyna! Triple H! He's got Chyna! Get that sweaty, stinky, nasty sock off of her!

The Undertaker exits the ring and runs towards Mankind, and then he throws Chyna to the side to meet Taker. The two men begin battling it out up the ramp to the stage. When they get there, Mankind hits a low blow on "The Phenom," and follows up with a Double-Arm DDT! Meanwhile, in the ring, Triple H has taken advantage of Kendrick. He throws The Rock out of the ring, and now signals that he's going to hit the Pedigree on Kendrick. He puts Kendrick's head between his legs and locks the arms when... No! Kendrick breaks the hold and swings around, and now pulls Triple H in and puts "The Game" on his shoulders in a fireman's carry position. Kendrick throws Triple H into the air and swings him around. Triple H comes face-first onto the mat parallel to Kendrick on the ground.

Cole: My God! I've never seen any move like that in my life! That's got to do it!

The crowd counts along...

Crowd: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!!!!!

*DING DING DING*

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIjY6366R-Y" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Lillian Garcia: Here are your winners... Aaron Kendrick, and The Rock!!

Cole: What a main event! What a SmackDown!

Kendrick sits on his knees in the ring with a smile, and looks behind him at the prone Triple H, and then gets up. He exits the ring and helps The Rock to his feet. The two walk up the ramp and meet Mankind. The three men shake hands, and now Kendrick raises both of their arms on the stage. The camera fades to black...

To be continued...

Comment

The People's Alliance?

A replay is shown at the beginning of Raw Is War of the debut episode of SmackDown! The video shows Mankind being attacked, seemingly leaving Aaron Kendrick alone for his match with Triple H and The Undertaker. Then it goes to The Rock joining the match, helping Kendrick win the main event. The video closes with Kendrick raising the hands of The Rock and Mankind...

Later in the show...

The camera cuts backstage to Kevin Kelly, who is standing by in the interview area with Aaron Kendrick, who is repping a pair of mirror shades, and a nice button shirt. To top it all off, he has a confident smile...

Kelly: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time, Aaron Kendrick. Now Aaron, on SmackDown! this past week you were scheduled to team with the WWF Champion to take on Triple H and The Undertaker. When and how did you decide that The Rock would replace Mankind?

Kendrick: Well you see, Kevin Kelly the answer is quite simple. I didn't. The Rock was not approached by me. The Rock was not approached by Mankind. Hell, I didn't even know The Rock was at SmackDown!. It was just as much of a suprise to me as it was to the whole world that he teamed with me. But hell, The Rock is a cool guy, why wouldn't he do it for me? The Rock and I, we're a whole lot ali-

Just then, an arm comes around the head of Aaron Kendrick and the hand sticks right in the face, signaling two things- Shut up, and The Rock. The Rock walks around in front of Kendrick and begins talking...

The Rock: Whoa whoa whoa... Aaron Kendrick, did The Rock just hear you right? Was The Rock about to hear you say that Aaron Kendrick and The Rock are a lot alike? Aaron Kendrick, you and The Rock are nothing alike, with all due respect. The Rock was your partner for two reasons- First of all, The Rock's show, SmackDown! would not be SmackDown! without The Rock in the main event. Second, The Rock chose to be your partner because we have a mutual enemy, in Triple H. The Rock's been watching you. The Rock has seen what you've been up to, and The Rock's gotta say, you're treading on dangerous ground. Triple H is a very dangerous man. You literally have to sleep with one eye open when messing with him. The Rock knows. But Aaron Kendrick, The Rock likes you. The Rock sees potential in you. Aaron Kendrick, you are on your way to superstardom if you beat Triple H at Unforgiven. But in order to do that, you have to learn how to layeth, the smacketh down! And you have to know that you can do that before Unforgiven. That's why The Rock did you a favor. The Rock went to Commissioner Shawn Michaels' office earlier today and got you a match live this Thursday on The Rock's show, SmackDown! Aaron Kendrick, you will go one... on one... with the great one!

Kendrick: Hold on... Rock, I see what you're trying to do. I've watched you the last couple years, I know how you are. You're finding the most inexperienced guy in the locker room and picking him for a match to elevate yourself back into the title picture. Well Rock, I'll take the match for this Thursday simply because I'm here to prove myself. I'll prove myself at Unforgiven when I beat Triple H, and I'll prove in this Thursday when I beat you. There's nothing that's going to stop me...

The Rock tries to talk but is cut off by Kendrick...

Kendrick: AND I MEAN... NOTHING! Is going to stop... me! If you smell what I'm cookin'.

Kendrick turns his head and walks away, and The Rock takes off his glasses. A small smirk appears on the face of the great one...

To be continued...

Comment

Working...
          X