Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
VIDEO: AWA - Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs. Curt Hennig (AWA World Title Match, 60 Mins) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: AWA - Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs. Curt Hennig (AWA World Title Match, 60 Mins)

Ok WRESTLING fans, I have found one of the AWA's and Pro Wrestling's ALL TIME HIDDEN GEMS!!!! This was Curt Hennig's first crack at Nick Bockwinkel's AWA World Heavyweight Championship. This match was televised on ESPN's AWA Championship Wrestling. Fellas, this is how a wrestling match should be. The finish is fantastic. So many fans come down on the AWA, but forget they had some really good stuff in it's waning years, and this is their crowning achievement match. You get so drawn in and you don't know who you want to win. Bock plays up the heel role so well, while Curt plays the babyface perfectly. To me, even though the title doesn't change hands, this was Bockwinkel's "passing of the torch" to Curt. To me, this is THE match that made Curt Hennig a household name, a superstar, and a wrestling legend. It's a 60 minute match and for ANY TRUE WRESTLING FAN, it's a MUST SEE!!!! Fans, enjoy.

Part 1:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 2:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 3:
    + YouTube Video

Part 4:
    + YouTube Video

Part 5:
    + YouTube Video

Part 6:
    + YouTube Video
    SOMEBODY GET HER SOME CHOCOLATE CAKE - Tazz

This match is on the "Life and Times of Mr. Perfect" dvd WWE released last year, unless that's another 60 minute match up, maybe the one on the DVD is when Curt wins I can't remember.
    Last edited by ThomC; 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM.
    Thomdango

Comment

Originally posted by ThomC1010 View Post
      This match is on the "Life and Times of Mr. Perfect" dvd WWE released last year, unless that's another 60 minute match up, maybe the one on the DVD is when Curt wins I can't remember.
      It is the same match I just bought The Mr Perfect DVD last week and have only watched 2 matches in the bonus features, firt time I ever saw that match in my life and it was freaking awesome.

Comment

Easily the greatest AWA World Title Match ever, in terms of workrate. I remember seeing this on New Year's Eve 1986 on ESPN. Instant classic.
        It's "Show" Time!!!!

Comment

Absolute classic!!!! I make this match required viewing for my potential trainees!!

Comment

Working...
          X