Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Veterans You Would've Liked to See Get A Second Chance Through ECW Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Road Warriors! I wasn't too keen with their '97 WWF stint. After losing the tag belts to the New Aged Outlaws, I would've liked to see the RW's jump to ECW the following year and feud with the Dudleys.

Comment

Jon 'Earthquake' Tenta could have been given an unbelievable push as the big guy monster.
      By the late 90s he had lost his way, struggling as Golga in the WWE, as somewhat as a joke gimmick.

He would have been the perfect guy to fll the 'big man void' when Bam Bam Bigelow packed up and left ECW for WCW in 1998.

I'd like to see Taz try and power suplex Earthquake!

Comment

What about Ray Taylor/Big Boss Man? It would've been nice to see an extreme version of police brutality. I hated his WCW run, especially after he joined the nwo.

Comment

What about Virgil? *chuckles*
          THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS!

Comment

kevin sullavan was in ecw in 92ish i wanna say, terry bam bam gordy would of had a great career in ecw. how about a guy like tully blanchard or arn anderson, could of helped the tag division.

Comment

LOL a lot of the folks mentioned in this thread actually did wrestle for ECW.

Terry Gordy was in ECW in '96. He wrestled Raven for the title and teamed with Steve Williams against The Eliminators.

Tully had an ECW appearance as well. He wrestled Douglas in a 60 minute draw when "The French Fries" was taking on all kinds of outside challengers (Simmons and Jannetty being two of them). Apparently the match sucked. I never saw it but I remember reading that the crowd crapped on it.

Arn had a match in ECW as well. He teamed with Terry Funk to take on Sabu & Eaton (who actually had two ECW stints). That match sounds awesome btw. I'll have to catch it on Youtube.

King Kong Bundy had at least one match there too. I think Road Warrior Hawk was involved.

I like the idea of Chris Adams in ECW. Especially since I don't think he was doing anything for much of the time ECW was around. I remember Adams being the best wrestler in the short-lived AWF promotion. I think he could have been a great heel in ECW. He was a good wrestler capable of having wild brawls or technical matches.

Scott Norton is another good one. Scott Norton is awesome anywhere. I think ECW would have been the perfect place for him to ply his trade.

Regal was one of my favorite wrestlers in the 90s. His Lordship in ECW would have been pure gold.

Tatanka has grown on me over the years. I thought his heel turn on Luger was brilliant. WWF really dropped the ball on his subsequent run. I admit I never would have thought of him for this thread but I like the idea. He definitely needed something to turn his career around at this point. I guess Tatanka was the great Heyman reclamation project that wasn't.

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony (aka T.L. Hopper, the wrestling plumber) was the guy I thought of upon reading this thread. He wasn't great or anything, but he was a solid old school southern brawler, just the kind of wrestler the ECW faithful would have hated. Ron Wright was his manager in SMW. He was a surly old guy in a wheelchair. These two had a pretty good act in SMW and I think it would have got them over big in ECW as short-term heels. They both had a sleazy look about them that made them suitably hateable. Something like Raven bringing them in as backup for his feuds with Dreamer and Sandman would have been pretty cool. I can see some entertaining brawls coming out of those matchups.

Buddy Landell would have been interesting. At the very least, a one time Landell appearance to challenge Douglas for the ECW title would have been cool. If it worked out, maybe he could have aligned himself with "The French Fries."

I never understood why ECW brought in the washed up (never was?) Jack Victory when his old partner, John Tatum, was right there! Tatum was a hundred times more entertaining than Jacko. Tatum was a 52nd Degree blackbelt for goodness sakes! What the heck was Jack Victory?
              The internet killed pro wrestling

Comment

Originally posted by CT Baker View Post
                LOL a lot of the folks mentioned in this thread actually did wrestle for ECW.

Terry Gordy was in ECW in '96. He wrestled Raven for the title and teamed with Steve Williams against The Eliminators.

Tully had an ECW appearance as well. He wrestled Douglas in a 60 minute draw when "The French Fries" was taking on all kinds of outside challengers (Simmons and Jannetty being two of them). Apparently the match sucked. I never saw it but I remember reading that the crowd crapped on it.

Arn had a match in ECW as well. He teamed with Terry Funk to take on Sabu & Eaton (who actually had two ECW stints). That match sounds awesome btw. I'll have to catch it on Youtube.

King Kong Bundy had at least one match there too. I think Road Warrior Hawk was involved.

I like the idea of Chris Adams in ECW. Especially since I don't think he was doing anything for much of the time ECW was around. I remember Adams being the best wrestler in the short-lived AWF promotion. I think he could have been a great heel in ECW. He was a good wrestler capable of having wild brawls or technical matches.

Scott Norton is another good one. Scott Norton is awesome anywhere. I think ECW would have been the perfect place for him to ply his trade.

Regal was one of my favorite wrestlers in the 90s. His Lordship in ECW would have been pure gold.

Tatanka has grown on me over the years. I thought his heel turn on Luger was brilliant. WWF really dropped the ball on his subsequent run. I admit I never would have thought of him for this thread but I like the idea. He definitely needed something to turn his career around at this point. I guess Tatanka was the great Heyman reclamation project that wasn't.

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony (aka T.L. Hopper, the wrestling plumber) was the guy I thought of upon reading this thread. He wasn't great or anything, but he was a solid old school southern brawler, just the kind of wrestler the ECW faithful would have hated. Ron Wright was his manager in SMW. He was a surly old guy in a wheelchair. These two had a pretty good act in SMW and I think it would have got them over big in ECW as short-term heels. They both had a sleazy look about them that made them suitably hateable. Something like Raven bringing them in as backup for his feuds with Dreamer and Sandman would have been pretty cool. I can see some entertaining brawls coming out of those matchups.

Buddy Landell would have been interesting. At the very least, a one time Landell appearance to challenge Douglas for the ECW title would have been cool. If it worked out, maybe he could have aligned himself with "The French Fries."

I never understood why ECW brought in the washed up (never was?) Jack Victory when his old partner, John Tatum, was right there! Tatum was a hundred times more entertaining than Jacko. Tatum was a 52nd Degree blackbelt for goodness sakes! What the heck was Jack Victory?
                I remember Terry Gordy was in ECW but they could of don so much with him, another guy that could of had a good career there was The Nasty Boys, one hell of a hardcore tag team if booked right, could of had a great running fued with the dudleys, or how bout Wrath/Bryan Clark if he would of brought the nightstalker character, and it would of been good to fued with the 911 character, a battle of the chokeslam.

Demolition in there prime would of been an awesome fued, but without the leather stuff on, two brawlers that worked so well together could of helped out the tag team division, and really made ECW a hot place for tag teams.

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch View Post
                  I remember Terry Gordy was in ECW but they could of don so much with him, another guy that could of had a good career there was The Nasty Boys, one hell of a hardcore tag team if booked right, could of had a great running fued with the dudleys, or how bout Wrath/Bryan Clark if he would of brought the nightstalker character, and it would of been good to fued with the 911 character, a battle of the chokeslam.

Demolition in there prime would of been an awesome fued, but without the leather stuff on, two brawlers that worked so well together could of helped out the tag team division, and really made ECW a hot place for tag teams.
                  Nasty Boys were tailor made for ECW. I actually started writing about Bryan Clark (plus the Godwinns and Jarrett) in my post but decided to delete that part because I didn't think they were "down and out" enough.

Comment

Nasty Boys were tailor made for ECW. I actually started writing about Bryan Clark (plus the Godwinns and Jarrett) in my post but decided to delete that part because I didn't think they were "down and out" enough.

i dunno about the godwins with there slopping angle they ran maybe dennis knight as mideon would have worked have him fued with raven, because if mideon was booked right he could of been wwfs version of raven, Jarrett could actually work, he was a decent technician, a good talker, and i loved the accoustic equilizer, but he wouldnt have fit in ecw cuz of the southern angle he played his whole career, but there is also that fact that ecw was a born in Philly so he could of been on of the most hated heels in the company.

The Harris twins would of been a great team to bring in and have them be aligned with Primetime Brian Lee and had a vicious stable, because look at all three of them, they look like they could really just beat your @$$ in a real fight, they could of fueded with the ecw originals as an invading stable to prove that they are the best brawlers in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch View Post
                      i dunno about the godwins with there slopping angle they ran maybe dennis knight as mideon would have worked have him fued with raven, because if mideon was booked right he could of been wwfs version of raven, Jarrett could actually work, he was a decent technician, a good talker, and i loved the accoustic equilizer, but he wouldnt have fit in ecw cuz of the southern angle he played his whole career, but there is also that fact that ecw was a born in Philly so he could of been on of the most hated heels in the company.

The Harris twins would of been a great team to bring in and have them be aligned with Primetime Brian Lee and had a vicious stable, because look at all three of them, they look like they could really just beat your @$$ in a real fight, they could of fueded with the ecw originals as an invading stable to prove that they are the best brawlers in the business.
                      The Harris Twins were in ECW as the Bruise Brothers. They teamed with Brian Lee at least once there against Dreamer & The Pitbulls.

The Godwinns would have had to use another gimmick of course. They would have been just fine as The Texicans: Tex Slazenger & Shanghai Pierce. I think the Godwinns had untapped brawler potential. They were good in WCW and Henry was good in WWF. I always thought they could have had entertaining brawls with the likes of The Pitbulls, Public Enemy and The Eliminators. Plus a natural feud with The Gangstas.

Jarrett would have been perfect in ECW when he was a free agent in '96. He would have been despised! He could wrestle the wrestlers and brawl with the brawlers. Double J vs. just about any top ECW guy at the time would have been gold imo.

Comment

The Harris Twins were in ECW as the Bruise Brothers. They teamed with Brian Lee at least once there against Dreamer & The Pitbulls.

The Godwinns would have had to use another gimmick of course. They would have been just fine as The Texicans: Tex Slazenger & Shanghai Pierce. I think the Godwinns had untapped brawler potential. They were good in WCW and Henry was good in WWF. I always thought they could have had entertaining brawls with the likes of The Pitbulls, Public Enemy and The Eliminators. Plus a natural feud with The Gangstas.

Jarrett would have been perfect in ECW when he was a free agent in '96. He would have been despised! He could wrestle the wrestlers and brawl with the brawlers. Double J vs. just about any top ECW guy at the time would have been gold imo.

good call CT, i never really noticed the harris twins in ecw, it must of been a short time, how bout the american nightmare dustin rhodes, his father was there to fued with the king of old school steve corino, but im not sure about dustin, dustin rhodes would have been great for the hardcore scence to with the american nightmare gimmick. he could of brawled with rhino the baddest man in ecw at the time.

marc mero would of been interesting in ecw, with the marvelous marc mero gimmick, have him just brawl with new jack and it would of been awesome.

Comment

Dustin Rhodes would have been great. I'm not sure about Marc Mero though.

Another one I thought of was Maxx Payne. That guy was awesome in WCW. He was sort of a proto-Raven. I think he could have been huge in ECW.

Comment

possibly, i still think mero would of made an impact

Comment

Working...
                            X