Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO a theory of Ring Rust is just not factoring into anyone's opinion? I am the one who has to bring? Seriously? Brock has not been in the WWE ring in 8 years (according to WWE), which mean it has been 6-7 years since he was in a wrestling ring. Yes he has UFC training but a UFC match is way different than a wrestling match. So what we are going to get is ring rust Vs Cena and it will be bad that is why I say it is too soon.
    Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

He hit that f5 pretty well and a lot of his moves are moves he would be using in amaeture wrestling so I don't think he will have too much ring rust.
      Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

The ring rust could be the excuse to use the gimmick match, just let beat the hell out each other, it doesn't have to be a long match, maybe a brawl with no clear winner to get to the next episode of the feud...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Indy Junkie View Post
          SO a theory of Ring Rust is just not factoring into anyone's opinion? I am the one who has to bring? Seriously? Brock has not been in the WWE ring in 8 years (according to WWE), which mean it has been 6-7 years since he was in a wrestling ring. Yes he has UFC training but a UFC match is way different than a wrestling match. So what we are going to get is ring rust Vs Cena and it will be bad that is why I say it is too soon.
          So you're saying that Brock isn't training at all. Where's your proof?
          THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS!

Comment

Originally posted by TheManWithoutAFace View Post
            So you're saying that Brock isn't training at all. Where's your proof?
            Training maybe, training for pro wrestling doesn't mean he is ready to get in the ring and go against a headliner. Going against less than top dogs will not put him ready for a match like this. Lack of regular TV matches is not helping my opinion. Let's move on to better news.

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2...unkJericho.jpg
            CHICAGO STREET FIGHT: CM PUNK Vs CHRIS JERICHO
            Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat.-Kahless

Comment

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2...unkJericho.jpg
              Chicago Street Fight For the WWE Championship
              CM Punk (c) Vs Chris Jericho

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2...ne_orton_C.jpg
              Falls Count Anywhere
              Randy Orton Vs Kane

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2012/04/sdfg.jpg
              Stipulation Yet to be Named for the Intercontinental Championship
              Cody Rhodes Vs Big Show (c)

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2...tino_miz_C.jpg
              PRESHOW
              For The UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
              Santino Marella (c) Vs The Miz

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has talked about the ppv yet, this was even better than Wrestlemania in my opinion! It's hard to pick a favourite match out of the main events, they were all amazing in their own ways. Daniel Bryan and Sheamus put on the wrestling clinic we were all hoping for at mania. Jericho and Punk had arguably the best street fight since Foley and HHH. I didn't know what to expect out of Cena/Lesnar and it ended up being one of the most intense matches I've ever seen. Whatever respect I had for Cena beforehand has grown ten fold after that performance, the beating he took was hard to watch and I hope he isn't hurt too badly. Brock deserves a ton of credit too, especially for how well he recovered from that nasty botch over the top rope, and having the consummate professionalism to shake off the pain and redo the spot. He kept the lines blurred the entire time and he sold just enough of Cena's offence to where it seemed he wouldn't even budge at first, yet he still managed to put Cena over without losing any of his own credibility. Even the most jaded of wrestling fans have to give that match it's due.

Comment

Cena v Lesnar was brilliant. It felt more like a fight than a match, I loved it.

Jericho v Punk was great, Jericho has deifinitely still got it.

Only disappointment was Ryback. This guy looks so choreographed in the ring, I cant buy into him. I would have much rathered see Tensai smash someone.

All in all, much better ppv than Wrestlemania.

Comment

You know what's weird? You guys praised WM now you have turned around and bashed it by saying ER was "Much Better." I still need to watch to pass judgement

Comment

how is it bashing Wrestlemania to say this was better?

Comment

Originally posted by Turley View Post
                        how is it bashing Wrestlemania to say this was better?
                        Wrestlemania is one of the big 4, and the highest pressure PPV WWE puts out in a year. Extreme Rules is a PPV that is a gimmick only PPV. WM is a PPV that is supposed to be top PPV through the year with only SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble coming close or actually surpassing it. It and looking at the posts it was not just "Better" it was "Even Better" and "Much Better." Considering how much the Montly Crue on this site bash WWE's Stipulation only PPVs this goes beyond the better comment. They praised WM only attacking few injustices. Had they left out the WM comments we could just rub this as a solid PPV for being a Stipulation PPV. With the WM comments it cheapens any positive words on WM PPV.

Comment

I can't fully say it was better than Mania without watching both ppv's again, but this ppv was really well done. The biggest misstep was the Ryback match. Absolutely no reason to habeas squash match on a ppv. Those are for tv. It's decisions like this and the 18 seconds at Mania that make people not buy their ppvs.

But this ppv was good. Bryan/Sheamus was great. Kane/Orton was really good. Jericho/Punk was awesome. And that Cena/Lesnar match stole the show. As much crap as I give Cena, or anyone/anything in wrestling that bothers me, I give credit where its due. That match was really really good. That part where Lexmark jumped off the steps at Cena and accidentally fell out the ring was great. He sold it perfectly. That's what a professional main eventer should do.

Now the booking decisions I don't agree with. I think the WWE doesn't know how to be spontaneous or take advantage to things they're handed. Bryan is ridiculously over. Why not put the belt on him and take advantage of a good situation? Plus I don't think Cena should have one at all. He could have had his Super Cena comeback, but came up short. That would be a better reason to miss tv. Then they could have had a huge return angle similar to HHH before he came back to bury Booker.

But the ppv was great. I wasn't expecting it to be too great, but it absolutely proved me wrong and surprised me.
                          The Jerk of OWW!!!

Comment

You know what's weird? You guys praised WM now you have turned around and bashed it by saying ER was "Much Better." I still need to watch to pass judgement
                            That's funny, I never praised nor bashed Wrestlemania. I haven't even commented on the event, on this forum or anywhere else for that matter.

Wrestlemania is one of the big 4, and the highest pressure PPV WWE puts out in a year. Extreme Rules is a PPV that is a gimmick only PPV. WM is a PPV that is supposed to be top PPV through the year with only SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble coming close or actually surpassing it. It and looking at the posts it was not just "Better" it was "Even Better" and "Much Better."
                            So what? Just because WM is intended to be WWE's best PPV of the year doesn't automatically mean it's going to be, I enjoyed last years mania as well, but I didn't think it was as good as that year's Survivor Series. To say that someone is burying one event by preferring another is absolutely ridiculous. It's just an opinion, which is subjective. I judge a PPV by the impression I get after actually watching it, not by what it's aimed to be. Aiming to please doesn't mean you're going to please.

Considering how much the Montly Crue on this site bash WWE's Stipulation only PPVs this goes beyond the better comment. They praised WM only attacking few injustices. Had they left out the WM comments we could just rub this as a solid PPV for being a Stipulation PPV. With the WM comments it cheapens any positive words on WM PPV.
                            I don't know who you're referring to when you say "the Montly Crue on this site", but I can't even remember the last time I've bashed a WWE PPV for being a stipulation only PPV. If at all it was a very long time ago I assure you. And even if I did that doesn't mean A stip-only PPV couldn't pleasantly surprise me. And really, if you were to say you prefer indy wrestling over mainstream wrestling, that wouldn't bury mainstream wrestling at all, and vice versa for that matter. Come on Indy Junkie you're grasping for straws here, somebody needs their fix.

Comment

WrestleMania had a great second half, and that's about it. Overall, Extreme Rules was a much better PPV.

I enjoyed seeing Layla back and just how much her style's changed. Can't wait to see her against somebody that isn't terrible. Bryan vs. Sheamus was awesome, the match we should've gotten at WrestleMania. The finish seemed off, only because you rarely see somebody hit their signature then follow up successfully with a finisher. Jericho vs. Punk was really good. Where it took time for the WrestleMania match to build up to that level of excitement, this match had it all throughout. I wasn't very interested in Cena vs. Lesnar before the match, but they were somehow able to win me over. It wasn't the typical Cena match where he suddenly comes back out of nowhere. It was interesting to see how they were going to write it. I guess Cena's taking time off now, and a loss would've allowed a for a reasonable way to write him off, but Cena needed to win this one after the loss to Rock.

Comment

The month after Wrestlemania is usually the better PPV. It is all down to expectations with me, it has more or less the same matches and feuds going into it. But, the expectation isn't there. There are no elaborate entrances or stages to distract and make it seem like a bigger deal than it already is. There are no stupid segments and matches cut short because someone thinks there match should be given more time because its Wrestlemania. I preferred this PPV as it felt like a wrestling show, I still liked Wrestlemania, but over the years that has evolved into so much more than a wrestling show. The non-wrestling things can be a distraction of what's actually important.

Extreme Rules was the better PPV overall, Sheamus and Daniel Bryan got to show what they are capable of and they took full advantage of that in a great match. Jericho/Punk was great as expected, I even enjoyed Orton/Kane. Although I am not a fan of the MMA hybrid style, I thought that main event was pulled off quite remarkably. Like Turley said, it seemed more like a fight, which is a nice change of pace. I am not too sure on the decision to have Brock Lesnar lose his first PPV match back, but this obviously isn't the final match between the two. I will imagine Lesnar will make claims of taking Cena too lightly to set up a future match, which I am all for after seeing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X