Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryback - the next version of Goldberg?

So Ryback has been handled alot of jobbers and looking impressive with it, but what do you think about the future of Ryback?

WWE has tried time and time again to get guys over by having them squash jobbers in their first couple months.

This is not something new. The true test will be what happens say a month from now. Do they have the guts to let him mow through the WWE roster, or will he turn into another WWE superstar, tradining wins in every rivalry they put him in.

And honestly...there will never be another Goldberg. Never will there be someone with that size, power, agility, in-ring psychology, technical ability, etc. who just happens to get a monster push.

Comment

Why why why do people keep comparing Ryback to Goldberg? The bald head? The winning streak? Once the jobber squashing subsides, Ryback will most likely be just another midcarder used to put over the Cenas & Ortons of the world. He will not be a big main event player like Goldberg that still has people talking 10 years after retirement. Period.

Comment

Am I the only one who has high hopes from Ryback? This guy has something in him. And I am not saying this because of his squash matches in recent weeks. He impressed me with his intensity and mic skills back when he was Skip Sheffield. This guy is huge, is agile and surely knows how to work a crowd. He may not be the next Goldberg, but he may become the original Ryback.
        Asia's official representative on OWW

Comment

I think anyone who come in and defeats jobbers in quick style and looking impressive doing it, and starts to have a undefeated streak will automatically be compared with Goldberg. I think the way that every match that Ryback has there is someone always watching him, I think WWE has big hopes for the guy, but only time will tell

Comment

I see more upside in Tensai at the moment.

Ryback looks very conscious of himself in the ring, it doesnt seem natural. He looks like a guy who is trying to remember his next spot, it makes the whole thing seem very choreographed. I dont really have high hopes for him in the next few months. Once he has had his share of jobbers, I cant see him moving into the Uppercard whilst there are so many good big guys ahead of him.

Comment

If I had to guess, I would say the tentativeness (is that a word?) in ring is a result of how he is being booked. I saw him on NXT and he is much better in the ring than how he is being pushed. They need to turn the guy loose and stop trying to make him the robotic big man. Also, he is fairly decent on the mic, let the guy talk. Clotheslines are not going to get him over, let him get himself over.
              If you don't got it, get it! If you don't get it............figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughRoad View Post
                Am I the only one who has high hopes from Ryback?
                No NDX gave me some milk saying "someone needs to find him!"
                Before he was cool.
                True Story.

Last edited by Maximo; 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Just because the crowd already chants "Gold-berg" during his matches doesn't mean he IS the next Goldberg. he needs to beat more than jobbers to try and get somewhere. they're finally doing something with Brodus, and Tensai got pushed very, very quickly. If all Ryback gets is 'TWO... IS GREATER... THAN ONE...", then, goshdarnit, I DON'T think he's gonna be going anywhere anytime soon.
                  Burnin' Bridges Since 2006

Comment

I don't mind a recycled gimmick, especially when it's been successful in the past. I think Ryback will be big, because wrestling fans like watching scrawny little nobodies get decapitated by monsters. We can't get enough of it.

Comment

This is how Goldberg started first with Jobbers then he went on to feuds with the likes of Sting and Sid Viscious.
                      Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

WCW had a super deep roster though. They could afford to let Goldberg dominate 1/3 of the roster before he even became a big attraction. Certainly working with all those guys helped Goldberg become the great worker he was when he finally made it to the top. Do WWE and Ryback have that same luxury?

Comment

Ryback the new Goldberg? LMAO! Come on guys, we are better than this. Goldberg got over not because he was jacked and won matches, but because when people saw him it looked like he really was killing these guys and in most cases he was lol. Today everyone is jacked and everyone is a cookie cutter, butt kicker and that is why it won't get over.

Comment

I think this comparison is unfair to Goldberg.

People always forget that Goldberg could really work. The spots in his matches were always very good and he put on believable main event matches.
                            Ryback shouldnt be spoken about in the same sentence as Goldberg.

Comment

No Goldberg knew how to be stiff but he never could do much unless it was in 10 minute matches, when Goldberg came to WWE Rock carried him to a decent match at Backlash but after that it became very well known how limited he was (still loved him because of the intensity)

Ryback is only young in his push I want to see him in a real feud before we get a good feel about him but maybe he might need a manager as well for when he needs to speak.
                              Tied for OWW funniest members 2012 looking to be the sole owner of the award for 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X