Notice: Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete any content at any time they feel it is inappropriate.
I. General Forum Rules:
- Flame or insult other members.
- Bypass the swear filter or other filters.
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation System
- Post in all capital letters.
- Intended Double post.
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump old threads unless you have a good reason.
- Post spam or make pointless posts that don't contribute to a thread (+1 10char, rickrolls)
- Openly argue with a moderator. Contact the Moderator via a private message.
- Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use of one person and are not to be shared.
II. The following topics are strictly off limits:
- Pornography, gross stuff, or anything else not safe for work
- Piracy, warez, Leaked content
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posting copyrighted material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- The glorifying of drugs and alcoholism is NOT allowed
- “prone to huge arguments” threads
III. No Backseat Moderating:
Let the Forum Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the "Report this post to a moderator" link. Or simply IGNORE the offensive post(s) or thread. The most common backseat reply is the "+1 in before lock" phrase. Backseat moderating is annoying, and pointless.
Report Post to the Moderators:
Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post by clicking the Report Post button "" located to the left of every post, or if that feature is unavailable feel free to contact any of the Forum Staff.
Lifetime Achievement Award:
Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from the forums.
OWW Genesis wants you to enjoy your time in the forums as much as possible. However, being part of an on-line community, it is necessary to make certain basic rules in order to function. The rules below were made in the best interest of OWW Genesis and its users. These rules shall be enforced by OWW Genesis Site Staff (Administrators and Moderators).
Respect all users and their views on the forums. No user should be subjected to insults due to there view point.
RESPECTING THE MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS
Disrespect of OWW Genesis Site Staff (which includes Moderators and Administrators), whether in front of others, or to others, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
NO OBSCENE LANGUAGE
Obscene language is defined as a profanity (or bad word, swear word, curse word, cuss word, dirty word, or collectively foul, bad or strong language). We can tolerate the occasional obscene word, however OWW Genesis Site Staff will take action should excessive swearing become a common presence in any users posts. We have a distinct standard that separates us from other wrestling forums, and we expect all members to uphold that standard.
NO HATE SPEECH
Hate speech will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This includes but is not limited to racial or sexual slander. This will include repeated professions of hate speech by a user towards a specific wrestler for unexplained reasons.
Please post all spoilers in the *SPOILER* Zone section http://forums.onlineworldofwrestling...*SPOILER*-Zone Be mindful of our forum's international community. Different timezones mean different television scheduling. Raw, Smackdown and Impact air on different days throughout the world, and TNA Pay-Per-Views are broadcasted Wednesday nights in the United Kingdom. If you are going to post a spoiler, then you must label *SPOILER* in the beginning of your title.
Spamming will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Anyone spamming on the forum and in private message will be PERMANENTLY banned without exception.
OWW forum staff reserves the right to alter any user's profile. OWW forum staff will alter or delete the following violations without warning ...
- Screen names containing obscene language
- Website links containing inappropriate images/subjects
- Social pages such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ containing inappropriate images/subjects
The user will be e-mailed and private messaged by the moderator informing the user of the alteration.
If your site page promotes inappropriate material, then DO NOT add it to your profile.
IMAGES OR LINKS CONTAINING NUDITY ARE NOT ALLOWED
Images or links depicting nudity are not allowed. The link or image will be deleted immediately.
AVATAR & SIGNATURE GUIDELINES
- The maximum size restriction for Signature image is 500(width)x100(height)
- Only 1 Signature image is allowed
- The maximum size restriction for Avatar image is 100x100
- Images/Words/Quotes that violate the general forum rules are not allowed
- Animated images are NOT allowed
- Fonts need to be at a reasonable height; size 2 and bold at the most
- If you have a signature image (500x100) you can only have 1 line of font
- If the height of your image is less than 75 in height then you can have 2 lines, or if you wish to remain with one line you can upsize your font to a size 3
- If you have no signature image you can add 4 lines of font or upsize your font to a 3 if you're not going to use all 4 lines
- Your font message cannot go over the 500 width rule
- Double line spacing is not allowed
Please check that images height and width match the forum requirements before uploading. Violating the above guidelines will result in an infraction if the violation is repeated.
Sexual content is allowed to a point. The general way to determine whether sexual content is inappropriate or not is if the content could be deemed "R-rated" or above. Anything that could be deemed "R-rated" and above will be considered inappropriate. Anything that is deemed to be too obscene, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate will be deleted.
A spirited, respectful debate and exchange of differing opinions is healthy for anyone. That being said, outside of debating the issues at hand, any disagreements, arguments, or debates that take away from the thread, will result in an OWW Genesis Site Staff Member telling the involved parties to take their issues to PM's. If an OWW Genesis Site Staff Member advises members to take their issues to private messages, then they must do so. Failing to take an issue to private messages after being asked to do so by an OWW Genesis Site Staff Member will subject the member to the rules regarding failing to follow an order of an OWW Genesis Site Staff Member.
Post whoring is not allowed. Post whoring is defined as posting something just for the sake of posting (to improve your post count, or for other reasons), or posting something that is mostly meaningless to the thread.
Unnecessary drama is not welcome. For practical purposes, unnecessary drama shall be defined as any dramatic activity that is not necessary, and/or has the potential to create a controversial or negative reaction. There is a fine line between a spirited debate and unnecessary drama.
THREATS AND INTIMIDATION
Making threatening or intimidating statements to other users is not allowed.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND HARASSMENT
Sexual harassment and harassment are not allowed and will not be tolerated.
Creating more than one account without permission from OWW Genesis Site Staff is not allowed.
OWW FORUMS STAFF
Shockage (Senior Administrator)
The Indy Junkie
OWW UNDISPUTED WRESTLING DEBATE LEAGUE PANEL
The Indy Junkie (Head Official)
Taker of Darkness
OWW WIN/LOSS PREDICTION LEAGUE
EXTREME WRESTLING TRIVIA
chaoskid - EWT Headmaster
The OWW Forums Staff reserve the right to take any moderating action without warning, or reason. It will be normal practice to inform the member of such activity, and a reason for the action taken.
OWW Forums is a member of the Black Pants family http://www.blackpants.net and is affiliated with Online World of Wrestling, and in accordance with such membership is not guaranteed, and can be revoked at any time, without cause, reason, or prior notification. As it relates to membership, OWW Forum Moderators make decisions which they feel are in the best interest of the site.
Not all situations can be covered in the rules. If an OWW Forum Moderator is made aware of, or observes something that does not appear to be in the best interest of this site, then they reserve the right to take ANY moderating action (warn, lock thread, edit post, suspend, ban..etc).
All interpretations of these rules, what constitutes a violation, definitions, and all other related matters, are strictly determined by OWW Forum Site Staff.
Any rule violation can result in anything from a warning to a permanent ban.
Last edited by Shockage; 01-19-2013 at 10:24 AM.